Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's Almost Over!

I feel like we are on a short break from school rather than summer break! Tomorrow is the day I dread every summer.....the first official day of football practice. Now, every Monday through Friday I have to get James to practice by 5:30. 5:30 is my favorite time of the day at the beach, and it is going to kill me to have to leave early. Oh well, if these are the problems I have, I will glady accept them. July is one of the best months ever, and it has come and gone super quick this year. I love, love, love the 4th of July. Usually because it is hot, you eat good bbq, and then we spend the night with good friends and family and watch the fireworks.
Steve, Melissa and family, Robbie, Jimmy and Liz

I love the beach, and have had some great beach days this last month......
Charlie was really upset that he got his head shoved in the sand, and then I told him he looked like "Two Face" from Dark Knight, and then he was stoked!I think all of my kids are in this picture, and 2 of them are hiding from the camera. I am not sure who some of the other kids are, but the kids have a blast hanging out with everyone!



On July 8th, my brother and his wife had their first child. A little girl named, Davie Malone Helfman. She sounds like an Irish little thing, but she is a Jewish/Mormon. Should be an interesting combo.
I've never claimed to be normal. This next picture cracks me up. This is genetic proof that I had no hope! My niece, Hanna, and I were taking self portraits.......I'm a bit self centered, so I didn't even notice my mother, who is masked in the background. She looks like a crazy lady with her mask and sunglasses....almost Michael Jacksoness! Then, I noticed my dad right inbetween mine and Hanna's heads. He is such a dork......now I know where my kids (and I) get it from!

We were lucky to get away for a week and take the boat up to Lake Havasu. It turns out they were having a "heat wave". It was 120 almost every day.
It was so relaxing to just float around in the lake. The boys were super impressed by my floating skills. They have no body fat, so they sunk like rocks.....I on the other had, can float forever! Now that is talent :)

Everytime I would try to get some quiet time, they would swarm around me. I actually appreciated that they wanted to be with me!


Aren't these next ones sweet?

By the looks of it, you would never tell that they were fighting NONSTOP!!!



George got up on the wakeboard!

Curtis and James love to fly across the wake
This same day, I started throwing up at about 5 pm, and didn't stop until 1 am. James and Scott were the only ones that did not get hit by this horrible, violent, stomach flu. BUT, Scott did pull 3 all-nighters, dealing with the sick ones. Two of them were back to back. We were all so tired, and not feeling super great......not super fun when it is so stinkin hot outside!
Here is George recovering on the boat..."the day after"
Here are some adorable pictures of the boys pouting.....
BUT, they can also be REALLY cute....at least I think so!OK, so this one isn't so cute, but makes me giggle. It is almost impossible to keep a diaper on this kid.....at least he would wear the life vest....you gotta pick your battles!

A couple of the days we beached right by this cliff, and all of the boys, except for KC, had so much fun jumping off of it This next one is not too bad for an old man......We may have had a lot of arguing, tantrums, and vomitting, BUT, I considered it a very successful vacation. Everyone came home in one piece, and I am so happy to say, we didn't have to go to the ER one time!


July is almost over :( We still have the beach, and hopefully a couple of days out on the boat. My niece, Ashlee, is staying with us for a week and a half! She is so sweet, and I love having her around. Lets hope August is as fun as July!

2 comments:

Pulsiphers said...

Looks like you had alot of fun and alot of not so much fun. SO I am just wondering were you camping or were you in a hotel?

Kelly said...

I LOVE the life vest thong. Had me burst out laughing.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!