Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's Official

Scott has saved us hundreds and hundreds of dollars by cutting the boys' hair. It would be an easy $100 for all of them to get it cut everytime. Some cuts have been better than others, but they are boys, and it works. Anyways, it is starting to get warmer, so it was buzz time. James is way too cool for a buzz, so he just got a trim. I think the boys look very cute with their "warm weather hair". Plus, it makes the mornings so easy. I know that combing boys hair is WAY easier than girls, so it's a good thing I have boys!
You may have noticed that Charlie's cut is a bit different, but Charlie is a bit different. Charlie is a rough and tough kid. Even his voice is rough. Charlie is the kid that noone really wants to get in a fight with, because his pain tolerance is high, and he is hardcore. Charlie is NEVER clean, and he could care less! My dad asked Charlie what sport he wants to play. Now, most kids say baseball, football or basketball.....nope, not Charlie. Charlie replied that he wanted to play UFC. I try to ban that from the TV, but the kids always find a way to sneak it. Anyways, if anyone knows of a UFC league for 5 year olds, let me know! He believes that his new haircut is perfect for what he wants to pursue. He is a very funny, here he is

I was very concerned about him going to school like this. I warned him that it is a shocking hair style and some kids might make fun of him. I had him take a hat to school in case he was feeling uncomfortable. After the first day I asked if anyone made fun. Charlie said, "Noone made fun of me, but one kid told me he didn't like it". I asked Charlie if that hurt his feelings and he said, "No, that kid doesn't even comb his hair!" Charlie is definitely unique. I don't think I will ever have to worry about him following the crowd. He is who he is. If any of my kids were to get lost, I think I would worry about him the least. He is a professional pan-handler! There are times when we are at the baseball fields and I get to the point (usually when I run out of money) where I refuse to buy them anymore snacks from the snack bar. Charlie always manages to still get snacks. He will straight out ask strangers for money, or even go to the snack bar himself and work it til he gets what he wants. Realistically, people probably just get sick of him and give in. The other day none of our kids were playing at one of the fields. Charlie was hanging out there with one of his friends and came back with a snack that was an after game snack for some random team. Honestly, it is incredibly embarassing, but he seems to be successful.

I love Charlie dearly! This new hair style of his has officially made us true white trash. We are what we are, I guess we'll own it!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Patience Is A Virtue.......That I Don't Have!

I really am the most impatient person in the world. I know it's not good, but I struggle. Not that I am excusing my behavior, but when you have five boys and you are pregnant, it is kind of torturous not knowing if it is a boy or girl. I am so impatient, I went out and bought that at home urine test that is suppose to determine gender. Unfortunately, I am a little challenged, because I couldn't even determine the results. If I had to guess, I would lean more towards the boy result. So, my friend called me and told me about an ultrasound you can go get that can determine gender as early as 12 weeks.....well, I was 12 weeks on Friday. So, you can bet that I was on the phone and made an appointment. Luckily, it rained today, so all of the boys' baseball games were cancelled. I should have stayed home and taken care of some really necessary chores, but I am also a procrastinator, so I called back to see if they could get me a same day appt. Yep, so we went on a family activity to an ultrasound...that's normal, right? It was very cool! This little person is just like the rest of them, and could not stay still. Stretching, rolling over, rubbing the face.....the kids really enjoyed it. So, the ultrasound got a great view right between the legs.....I could tell immediately. There it was in all of its glory....the penis! I am being completely honest when I say there was zero disappointment. The boys cheered.....I laughed. Now what am I going to name this person. I have had Annie Brook picked out for 13+ years. James suggested, "well, instead of Annie, we can name him's kind of the same." So, we'll see. So far, Andy is the only name that I like. Now, the technician did say that it is super early, and it is possible that what we saw could be the female parts swollen....but, she did follow it up by saying that it is 80% chance a boy. I have the opportunity to go back in a couple of weeks for a redo....which, I will. I am pretty sure it's a boy, but when my mom heard there was still a 20% chance it could be a girl, I knew I'd have to go back just to shut her up. So, to quote "Dumb and Dumber", she keeps saying, "So, you're saying there's a chance!" In this case, I doubt it! Scott is extremely proud that he has an immaculate record of 6 for 6. It also doesn't help when we are leaving the office and the next couple's husband tells Scott that Scott is his idol. Seriously, Scott doesn't need to hear that! So, looks like I will be surrounded by men forever. I don't mind, but I will be honest....the only thing that bums me out is thinking that I may never see any of my grandchildren born. I know that is really far off, but I am a freak, and these are the things I think about. It is very rare that a daughter in law wants a mother in law in the delivery room. I would like to state for the record that I mother in law and mother have been at 4 out of 5 of my deliveries......lets hope Karma works for me on this one! Anyways, Scott and I are very our license plate will be easy to change from "YEP5BYZ" to "YEP6BYZ".

About Me

My photo it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!