Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Picture Perfect



Don't we look like a sweet family decorating the Christmas tree? The boys are so helpful, carefully hanging the decorations, hot cocoa and candy canes, Christmas music playing in the background. I really picture families doing that. If you look closer, you realize that the boys' hair is totally messed up, Curtis is wearing a Halloween shirt, the decorations are stuck where they were thrown....I believe 3 were shattered. Yep, that's how the Cuillard's do it!



This is the Real Tree Decorating at our home.....#1 James is starting to get bored....look at him on the couch right behind me....





#2 KC could sense James's lack of enthusiasm and went over to bug him #3 At this point I say "If you get hurt, don't come crying to me"....... #4....then he comes crying to me#5...the boys continue to decorate the tree, even though they lost interest after the first 2#6 The decorations are up....I've had it and leave the room....Scott thinks it's great to get pictures of them breaking at least 2 rules of the house....no wrestling, and no ball play inside






Well, we survived the tree decorating. After that, Scott and I got a chance to escape life for a few days and head out to Punta Mita, Mexico.
Then it was back to the real world. James had the nerve to turn 13 and become an official teenager. Wish me luck on that one. I can handle the whole getting older thing, it's the 'teenage' attitude I could do without. Luckily, it's a slow transformation.I know I'm his mom, but, he is a handsome young man. This was taken right before his band concert at school. He is a talented musician. He does percussion in the band, but at home he has completely self taught himself the guitar. He is really good. I know I sound like one of those moms, but he is awesome. He even lets me sing songs while he plays. It is probably one of my most favorite things to do....even though I sound like hud!!!Christmas came quick as always. Santa is such a nerd.....prewrapping Christmas presents, and then forgetting whose presents were wrapped in what.....made for a fun Christmas Eve and kept me up an hour later than I wanted to be. Here are some of the kids at Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's.......seriously, look at KC.....that's my kid!!!




Here is the house before the major destruction. It took me a solid 3 hours to clean everything up. Right after I cleaned, I turned around and it was a complete mess again.....the joys of Christmas! A lot of work for one day, but well worth it. I am grateful for the true joy my boys bring to me. I think I am one of the luckiest people around.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So cute. Santa wraps each kid's presents in different paper?! Santa has too much time on his(her) hands.

Pam said...

Christmas at the Cuillards looks fun! So glad that you had a great holiday....I am so bummed I missed your talk on Sunday, I heard that it was awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I tell you what, that James was a perfect child for us at magic Mountain and I would take him again. I thought that we were in for some crazy fun when I heard a "Cuillard Boy" was tagging along but I have to say I was a little dissapointed in his polite behavior!Ü He is a great boy!
p.s. did he tell you how fast I drove on the freeway? You should ask him!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!