Friday, June 25, 2010

Way TOO Soon

The time has come for me to hang up my workout shoes for now. I can't express how depressed I am about this. Usually, I love when it is time to take a break. I am usually burnt out and super tired of it, but this is way sooner than I was hoping for. When I was pregnant with KC I taught my classes until I was 34 weeks, and he was born a little after 38 weeks. With Charlie I stopped at 32 and he was born about 37 1/2 weeks. I got a nice break from working out and was able to get the finishing touches prepared. I am only 28 weeks and I was really hoping to go at least another month, now the rest of this pregnancy is going to take forever! I understand I am no spring chicken and my body isn't how it was when I was in my 20s, blah, blah, blah! BUT, I am in way better shape now than I was then, or at least until I got pregnant I was in way better shape. Luckily, nothing is wrong and the pregnancy is progressing great. Now, if pregnant issues gross you out, you might want to stop reading now.....anyways, the issue this time around is pelvic pain....major pelvic pain! Tuesdays are usually my really busy days. I teach 2 classes, train 4 clients, and completely love it. Well, this Tuesday during my first class my pelvic bones started killing. I even sat out the 3rd sets of everything (well, kinda, it's very hard for me to take it easy). I went throughout my day and when I went to go teach my evening class I thought, well, this will make it better or completely kill me. As I was teaching that spin class it felt great. I remember thinking how good it felt at the time....not just physically, but mentally. I had a great class, but once I got home I could barely move. I don't mean to complain, but it hurt, I thought my bones were going to burst apart! Luckily, Wednesday is my break day, so I did nothing....well, I didn't work out. I painted, finished laundry, etc, but I didn't work out! I am trying to be smart about this, so I got subs for my Thursday and Friday classes. When I woke up Thursday it felt better, but it still was not great. I know most of this discomfort was self inflicted, so I was really torn! I could either continue teaching and pay the price for it in physical pain, or let me body recover and feel better. For those of you that have an addiction, even though you know it's not the best thing for you, you still want it! Working out for me is not just a physical thing, yes it makes me feel better, justifies my mass amounts of food consumption, etc, but mentally, mentally it has kept me out of the loony bin. I am constantly saying how teaching has saved the lives of my children as well as keeping my marriage alive! So, needless to say, I am scared! Summer has just started, the boys are wonderful, but they are a lot to handle! Teaching 1-2 hours a days was physically tiring, but mentally refreshing. The physical safety of my children is not my only concern here, but if I was able to gain 24 pounds while I was working out, imagine how much more I am going to gain not working out! I know, this isn't the most important thing, but I don't like being huge...it's not fun. Oh well, we'll see how the rest of this goes. Now, after expressing all of that, does it make sense to say I really enjoy being pregnant? If I wasn't a worker outer, everything would be dandy! Oh, one more downside to this not working out thing....I am not sure if I will ever shower again. I hate showering and getting ready....a shower after working out always felt great, but really, the motivation factor now is pretty small! I know, I am disgusting, but it's the truth. I am going to have to force myself to get showered....I think I am worse than the boys! I will continue to do my personal training, but it's not the same. I know people have serious issues to deal with, and this really isn't a big deal, but it is a big part of me that I have to put on hold for a while.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can so relate Kaye. Though I worked up to a few days before I had Lucas, I cried on my way home on my last day. I can't imagine having to stop sooner than I did.

Liz Rose said...

I feel for you. :( If it helps--lets get together soon, and do some pictures to celebrate this little one who is reeking havoc on your body! :)

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!