Monday, October 27, 2008

Devastated!

I know people have real problems, but I am so bummed about George's birthday. He turns 7 on the 1st of November. Anyone that knows George, knows that he should have been born on Halloween, because he LOVES it. Every year on his birthday, he gets to miss school, and we go to a great Halloween store for their 50% off sale. It works out great, because I don't even have to do birthday shopping. He goes in a picks out whatever he wants, and I buy it for him....1/2 off! We usually go to McDonalds after and get him lunch. It is a dream come true for George, plus, I love it too. We had it all planned out this year. His birthday falls on a Saturday, so he wasn't going to miss school....but we were planning on getting there first thing. James and Curtis's games aren't until later that day, so it was perfect. I just got an email from the Halloween store announcing that their sale would be on the 2nd this year! I am so upset!!! The devil in me wants to still go, but I know it's not the right thing to do blah, blah blah! I also decided George wouldn't have a "friend" birthday party this year, because he has been a bit of a pistol lately. I figured the tradition would be just enough. Now what do I do??? I actually sent the store an email asking why it isn't on the first, and how disappointed my almost 7 year old was. This is something he....ok we, love to do, and I am so sad my Halloween decor will not be increasing this year. So, that is my sad story. Here are some pics of my Halloween boy....

I really do love this kid!

4 comments:

Jody C. said...

I love how you are a great mom with halloween...i am a terrible mom...

Robbie said...

I have an idea...I'll get back to you.

Heather said...

what a bummer. Sandwich sign time, get your butt out there in front of the store with a sign. Darn stupid store. grrr.

Info said...

So do tell did you go?

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!