Saturday, April 11, 2009

Perfection

I am warning you now.....if you can't stand posts when people talk about how wonderful their children are, you might want to stop reading mine right now. Sorry, but tomorrow is my second child's 10th birthday. Curtis Steven Cuillard. It is a given that I love him, but I also really, really, really like him! Get ready, here it goes......Curtis is funny, smart, has a love for life, is everyone's friend, cute, happy, peacemaker, sensitive, has a good heart, and sweet. I could go on and on. Curtis can always make me laugh. He is the only one of my kids that can get away calling me by my first name....makes me giggle everytime. Curtis has always been one of those people that is really smart without even trying. He is the peacemaker in our home....I think he is everyone's favorite brother. If he happens to be away, his absence is missed by everyone. He is the only one of my children that I delivered without any type of drug or painkiller......I was not trying to be a hero.....trust me, if I can get drugs, I'll take them. He thinks it is hilarious that he teased me even before he was born. I had false labor forever before he was born. I would think I was going to give birth, and then he'd back off. That is why when I was actually in labor I didn't believe it......neither did the nurses. An hour before he was born I had 2 whole contractions. They monitored me and told me I wasn't in real labor......that is when I asked if they would at least examine me....turned out I was dilated to a 5......20 minutes later he was born.....little stinker. I tell him he kept saying " here I come...just kidding....no really, here I come.....seriously, I'm coming......just kidding I'm not coming.....surprise, I'm here!" He thinks he was hilarious! He is like that to this day. The thing is, he really is funny.....at least I think so. Curtis always makes me laugh. He also has a way of letting every person know that he loves them.



Whoever marries Curtis is a lucky girl.





I have to be honest and tell you a couple of things about him that bug me.....#1 he can eat anything and everything....and he is the skinniest little thing ever. His ribs stick out, and every single time he goes swimming in the ocean, he comes out and his lips are always blue.....makes me laugh just thinking about it. #2 He enjoys a chocolate bar, but if he has the choice of a piece of cake or a fruit bowl, he will go for the fruit bowl every time. That annoys me just because I am jealous......I wish I had the natural desire for the healthy option.....obviously I don't!

Those really aren't bad things, but about all I could come up with. Since Curtis's birthday falls on Easter this year, I want to make it special for him. So, instead of Happy Birthday, I am going to celebrate Happy Birthweek. Since it is Spring Break, he gets the choice of opening a present or getting a fun activity everyday (movies, going out for dessert with the family, things like that). Curtis enjoys the simple things in life, so I think he will really enjoy being the center of attention for a week! I love Curtis, and I can honestly say, when I grow up, I want to be like Curtis!


Love you my sweet, little Curty!


10 comments:

Heather said...

I so wish I had a daughter his age to marry him.

The other day we saw alittle boy with blond curly hair and Samantha said "he reminds me of Curtis" and I was shocked because I wasn't sure she remembered what your kids looked like. I am so glad you family made an impression on my kids. Wish we still lived closer, he and Wyatt sound like they would get along great. They have the same sweetness about them and both love fruit over chocolate. We miss you, tell Curtis Happy Birthday.

Lori said...

Happy birthday, Curtis! I think you're awesome!

Julianne said...

What a cute, sweet boy!

Jo said...

That was so sweet, K! The little bit I do know of Curtis I can honestly say that I have been seriously impressed! Happy Birthday, Curtis!!!

Pam said...

Happy Birhtday Curtis! We think that he is pretty cool too! What a nice tribute from his Mom!

julianna said...

he really is an incredible boy. he is so much fun to have in primary every week. i'd let him date laura one day (...in a long long time from now)

AJsGirls said...

That's really sweet, Mama! Happy Birthweek, Curtis!

MaryAnn said...

Yeah Curtis! Happy Birthday! We love having you in our ward!!

Su said...

This song " I hope you dance" makes me cry everytime! Stop Kaye!!

Daphne is Curtis' age!! Yee haw! These are the times I wouldn't mind a little arranged marriage. I see the appeal.

Happy birthday to your sweet boy.

We missed you & the guys at the beach.

Juli said...

We love Curt too!! i think your right on with your post and you for sure earned yourself bragging rights so i say go for it!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!