Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ladies Beware

I think it is good to advise young men to date several girls before they get serious with anybody. I think it is great advice especially when they are of appropriate age. I am pretty sure 4 is not the appropriate age. I would warn every lady over the age of 4 to watch out for this player....
This is my sweet little Charlie that seems to have a thing for charming more mature women! He has no shame. Here are a couple of stories..... He would never admit to being in love with any of these ladies, but he won't deny the fact that he loves spending time with them. For any of you in my ward, you might be aware that the bulk of his admiration is for Pam Walden. Pam is so nice, she even let him come over for a play date.....yep, just Charlie and Pam. Poor Pam. Pam really is so nice to him. Today in sacrament he sat on Pam's lap the entire time. It was super relaxing for me, but I am sure Pam is exhausted this afternoon. By the way Pam, he told me that you helped him with his scripture today....he loved it! I don't want Pam's feelings hurt here, but she is not the only one. Charlie has a buddy from preschool. They play together often. This last week he went over to Christian's house. His mom, Tina, took them to lunch and a movie. When I picked Charlie up Tina told me that she thinks Charlie has more fun hanging out with her than Christian. Apparently Charlie would follow her around, helped her fold laundry, and when she would leave the room he would call out her name and ask her what she was doing. Later that day he saw my mom. He told my mom that he went to the movies with his friend, Tina. When I was talking to my mom, she told me that she heard Charlie went to the movies with a girl. I was confused for a second, then realized Charlie considered it going to a movie with this 30 something mom rather than his 4 year old buddy. So, Tina wasn't making up the fact that he really liked being with her. It turns out Charlie is not the 1 woman or even 2 woman type of guy. The other week when the boys got their pictures taken, he was hitting on the photographer. She is a very cute mom. She has 2 kids and is a little bit younger...she's in her 20's. He kept asking her what kind of house she lived in and maybe he could come over for a playdate. He really has no shame. He even insisted on driving with her in her car when we changed locations. There are others as well. He also has a thing for Heidi Bollard, Juli Hull and his 16 year old cousin Ashlee. Should I be worried?

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh that Charlie! He sure is a ladies man but what a sweetheart!!

Rosey Posey said...

Charlie the Playa! Funny story. Sounds like you are good Mom to him. He recognizes other cool Mom's too like Pam. This should be a compliment to you that he has good taste in ladies! Hee hee! Too cute.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!