Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sweat Towel Please!

You know how funny it is when little kids are totally honest, and it is so cute? The exception is when it is your own......here is what happened. A few days ago Charlie slammed his finger in the car door....it was getting worse instead of better, so, by Friday afternoon I decided to take him in to the doctor just to avoid any weekend ER visit. We got into the examining room, and the nurse was asking a bunch of questions...."does anyone in the house smoke" The boys say, "no....why would anyone smoke?" then she asks, "does anyone drink?" I say "no"...Charlie interrupts and says, "we drink" Then the nurse goes on to explain alcoholic beverages. My patience is done by Friday afternoons....all I wanted to do was make sure this finger was not super infected, and get out of there. I had George, Charlie and KC with me......not fun when they are confined to a very small doctor's office! So, after those questions George says, "We don't drink, we don't smoke, we don't say bad words" Charlie then says, "Yes, we say bad words all the time....we say butt hole" And that is how this doctor's visit went. Needless to say, I was dripping sweat. The candidness of my children is too much for me to take. Luckily, the entire visit, including xrays was only an hour....even though it felt like I was there for at least five. Anyways, his finger is not broken, just grossly black, blue, purple, and extremely swollen. Charlie is thrilled he got a splint. By the way, I detest that bad word....they get in so much trouble when they say it!

8 comments:

Jess said...

laughing. they are so funny.

Kim said...

I love all your stories...I should have had 5 boys too so my life would be more entertaining. But I think I have more fun enjoying yours. :)

Lori said...

Before Chris and I had kids we taught a primary class. We loved it because we had so much information about certain families in the ward that their children would so eagerly give us each week. It's funny what kids will tell about their families.

Heather said...

hey that comment from jess is me, i didn't know Jess logged in on my computer. :)

Ben and Heidi said...

This is too good! I love that kid! Yep, we miss you guys. Tons! We need to come and overstay our welcome sometime soon!

Pam said...

That is too funny! One time Zack had a physical and he told the doctor he took vitamin c all the time by himself from the pantry (they are like candy), he watched TV all day, he ate alot of junk food and we kept guns in the house! What??? I got a real big lecture from the Doctor! That booger! I was so embarrassed!

AJsGirls said...

If I posted a comment every time your posts made me laugh out loud, you'd be totally sick of me and wonder why I am some crazy comment leaving stocker. Seriously hilarious!

Jo said...

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Love it!!!!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!