Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'd Rather NOT Know!!!

There are benefits to having all boys....convenient public peeing, low maintenance readiness, easy hair combing , and one of the best of them, the Father & Son Campout. I have yet to have complete peace and quiet, because Scott's one rule is that he refuses to take any children still in diapers. So, it was just me and KC. Every year I try to get the house clean as they are getting ready, because it is the only 24 hour period that the house actually STAYS clean! I thoroughly enjoy one night of "me" time. I had to teach a class, and train a client, KC and I brought food in, and had a little date. I put him to bed, and watched the finale of Grey's Anatomy, then I went to bed. It was just what I needed. I did look at their empty beds and missed them a bit, but looked at the clean, made up beds and appreciated it! KC and I went to the gym in the morning so I could train a client, we came home, and KC played around while I tried to prepare my lesson for the next day. Not a super exciting event, but I'm a homebody, and it was pleasant. I put KC down for a nap and enjoyed my last few minutes of peace. Then, I heard the garage door open, and just like that it was back to the normal "K" oss as usual! The boys came in gleaming. They had so much fun. I would have been perfectly content imagining their time looking just like this...... Looks like they are safe, happy and enjoying their time together. My perfect image was ruined when they said "Mom, it was awesome, we jumped off of the highest rocks into the lake!!!" Not just James, Curtis and George, but my little Charlie as well. Charlie, who can swim, but not a strong swimmer. He doesn't like leaving the edge of the pool too often and forgets to kick his feet. How in the world did he jump off of big rocks and swim to safety?
Okay, that's not too bad And look at how nice his brothers are to wait for him in the water....but you notice how far away Scott was as he is taking the picture.....
I was not loving this picture.....can you see how high James is hiking up those rocks? Why in the world would Scott ever encourage, yet allow these precious boys of mine to do that....well,
here's the answer...................... Oh my GOSH!!! Wait, this isn't James in this next one...... That's my skinny, little Curtis.......what in the world is Scott thinking!!!???!!!
Just to RE-emphasize the height of these jumps.........................Luckily George is not as crazy as the other two, but it didn't stop him from jumping...just not as high..........................
I'm ok knowing that they eat as many smores as they possibly can, run around with sticks, hike with snakes everywhere, not brushing their teeth that night or next morning, BUT, I could have really done without the extreme rock jumping. I know without a doubt that their father was encouraging them every step and jump of the way. I hope I will recover from this, because next year, KC will be out of diapers!!!

8 comments:

Liz Rose said...

hee hee--even Patrick commented on how Curtis was jumping from. :)

Heather said...

I am glad they came home in one piece. It would scare the geebee's out of me to see my boys doing this.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

It really is a wonder they survive when they are with their Dads!!

Pam said...

I never want to know what goes on at Father and Sons because this is exactly what I picture! There are just some things that us Moms should not know. I am glad that they survived:)

Scott said...

The boys had sooo much fun. YOu know the only difference between fathers and sons and mothers and sons is 1 single letter "N". Dads say: Go Boys!, Moms say: No Boys! I am so thankful for boys!!! I can actually live out my childhood through them:)

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! That is crazy! I love that I only have 1 boy, who threw up at 3am!

Kim said...

I would be relieved that my kids will never do that since they're girls--but I do have Natalie :)

Glad they all came home in one piece!!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!