Saturday, November 14, 2009

First Time

For some of you, this may not seem like such a big deal, but in this household we are celebrating! I don't mean to mock this in anyway, or make my children seem unintelligent. They are actually pretty smart. I rarely ever have to help out with homework, and they do well on their own. I wish I could say their success is due to me, but I peaked in 4th grade and it went downhill from there. Anyways, back to the point of this post......James got straight A's on his report card. He has always gotten good grades. Usually a 3.5. Last year, his cousin, Hanna, got straight A's in 7th grade (her parents rewarded her with an IMAC) and I am pretty sure that is what lit the fire under James to get him going. He set the goal. Being the smarty pants that he is he asked his father (knowing his mother would say a hug or a kiss) what he would get if he got straight A's. Well, his father said a cell phone.....I am pretty sure Scott didn't have much faith in James at this point. For those of you that think it's crazy that my almost 13 year old doesn't have a cell phone probably think I am extremely abusive due to the fact that my children are deprived of a lot of our modern technical devices! Throughout the semester James would report his test grades to me, and they were all really good. Now, I assumed he was just reporting the good and not reporting the bad. There was one time he tanked on his math test, and he was so disappointed. He did everything the teacher asked of him in order to bring that test grade up. Needless to say, James is a hardworker.....I've always admired that about him. So, report cards were mailed November 10th. Due to the holiday the following day, he had to wait until the mail came on the 12th. There he is, waiting patiently for the delivery......
Once it was in his hands, he insisted on opening it
The next picture is my favorite one, because our "straight A" student was getting frusterated trying to open it. We had to talk him through it.....bend the edges, tear at the fold! It cracked me up and so typical
Here is Dad double checking, just to make sure
And there he is.....the proud new owner of a cell phone! He actually returns my texts......I should appreciate it while it lasts!

3 comments:

Liz Rose said...

That is awesome! He showed it today to me after church, also letting me know it was because he got straight A's. Good for him--:)

Heather said...

He is such a great kid! He will always text you, it way cooler than actually calling. haha Your kids are awesome Kaye.

Pam said...

I already have his number in my phone! Way to go James!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!