Saturday, February 13, 2010

Zero Tolerance Policy

Now that I am pregnant with my 6th child and experiencing mild morning sickness off and on throughout the day my patience has reached zero tolerance. I am a bit off kilter, and I know it. I apologize in advance to any I may snap at, yell at, or just simply stare down. If you know me....well even if you don't know me well, you have probably picked up on the fact that I am not the most patient person in the world. Now, it is even worse. This does not excuse my behavior, but it at least explains it. So, lets talk about this baby for a minute. Before you even ask me if this was an accident....DON'T! I am very well aware of consequences to actions, and this was the result I was going for. This baby is wanted and I am thrilled beyond words. People are very interesting. Many are very hesitant to even say congratulations. I get it, but it's still weird to me. I really, truly appreciate those that are genuinely happy for us. I can't tell you how many people have said..."Well, congratulations, I guess". I don't know, but that doesn't feel genuine to me. Whatever, I went into this knowing that society would look at me even weirder than they did before. Part of me is a bit hesitant to go out in public with all of my kids once I start showing, but another part of me can't wait.....I'm like a social experiment. I know there are people that have more kids than me, but realistically, out here in So Cal there aren't many. I have always wanted 6 kids, and I can't wait. So, I feel like I have been pregnant forever and I am only 9 weeks. I think I found out a day after I was pregnant.....I thought I was almost 2 weeks further along than I really am. Right now I look like I did when I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with James. I will prove it by posting pictures soon. Please don't tell me it's because everything is already stretched out.....I might have to come over and smack you! (That's my pleasant side popping up again) I really do enjoy pregnancy......you will definitely hear me complain constantly, but it is something I really am grateful for. We have discussed expanding our family, and received mixed emotions from the boys. James has always asked us to stop. His main reason is he can't stand his brothers, and it would be too much additional work for him. The rest of them were pretty positive. So, when we gave the boys the announcement, their reactions were not surprising. Here are some quotes from them:
James - immediate reply "I am moving out" I told him Grandma and Grandpa will make up a room for him, but I experienced growing up there and wouldn't recommend it.
As my wasteline has continued to grow James says to me "Maybe you're not really pregnant and you are just getting fat"
James's reply to his Sunday School teacher when he was teasing James about ANOTHER sibling "That's a rumor....you really shouldn't believe everything you hear"
My reply to James when he asked what I would name the baby if it's a boy "Well, I'm kind of out of boy names, so I think I'll recycle...James #2" Needless to say, James doesn't think I'm funny!
So, James isn't super thrilled, but it's growing on him, and when I want to be super annoying to him, I flash him my large stomach just to gross him out.
Charlie is my super affectionate one and is constantly rubbing my tummy and giving my stomach kisses. Curtis is very concerned about my nausea and loves to know if I've thrown up. I've convinced him that rubbing my feet helps calm my sickness....which it does, and Curtis will do it to make me feel better. George is my sensible voice of reason and is always thinking. He told me the other day, "Mom, when you get really fat with the baby I do not want you sitting in the front seat...it is too dangerous" Very sweet, but we really need to teach him to never call a pregnant lady fat!
So, the first most frequent question asked is if I'm happy about being pregnant....second most is if I will find out the sex.....ummmm YESSSS! As stated previously, I am super impatient, so of course I will find out. I believe my ultrasound is scheduled for April 19th.....I will see what I can do about getting it moved closer.
I have an appointment with my favorite midwife next week. I am honestly a little nervous about seeing her. She has put up with me my last 2 pregnancies, and I'm not an easy patient.....I beg for my epidural once I hit my third trimester, and I am super annoying. She actually advised me to not have anymore pregnancies after my last one. I assumed it was due to physical reasons, but she assured me I was totally capable of more pregnancies.....she went on to say it was due to mental reasons. Besides that, I really think she likes me! I'm also a little nervous to see the boys' preschool teacher....she's taught all of the boys and gets KC this September....she also asked me if I would stop having kids. I didn't take this offensively either....I totally understood where she was coming from. The other person I was very, very nervous to tell was my dad. I actually called my brother who works with my dad and said, "Hey Marcus, can you do me a favor and tell Dad I am pregnant?" Marcus was shocked I was pregnant again, and started laughing and said, "No way am I telling him, but I am definitely going into his office to see his face when you do!" So, when I told my dad I was as nervous as a single teenage girl who had to tell her dad she was knocked up. My dad doesn't really like kids, he loves mine, but can't understand why I keep having them. He is known to say that mine keep getting worse...which is kind of true! Anyways, I think deep down inside he is excited.
This child is expected mid September....I believe in working towards goal, so my goal is late August or VERY early September. For all of my beach buddies, you can take turns sitting by me, because I will make you look super skinny!

8 comments:

Liz Rose said...

I'm excited for you!! I think this one is going to be your girl. Just a feeling....like we knew Kim was going to have a boy....
Hope you feel better soon.

S.Miles said...

I know exactly what you mean when you say people aren't genuine. When I tell people I am pregnant with twin boys, most people say they're sorry. Or they ask how I am going to do it. Seriously?? I couldn't be happier for you guys! I think 6 kids is awesome. They have those at home gender kits now to find out the sex as early as 10 weeks. For us less than patient women ;) I think you should do try it! ps- Im sure Lydia is thrilled to have you back. I have cried and cried over not being able to have her be with me this pregnancy. She has assured me though that she will be in the room during my c-section which makes me feel a ton better. Gotta love her!!

Lovio Fam said...

Thanks for the good laugh! I am super excited for you, and loved what you said about wanting this baby. He or she will sure be loved.

Kaye said...

Shannon....I had no idea that existed...I am definitely picking one up next week! Thanks for the info :)

Jo said...

I'm also very excited for you! I remember when you had KC and I said to you, "why stop at 5 when you can have 6?" You thought I was joking but I was totally serious. And I think it's a girl too. I was just teasing you when I said it's probably a boy. I think a little 'Kaye' running around would be so much fun!!!
PS I can't wait to sit by you at the beach this summer ;)

Rosey Posey said...

I am super excited for you too! I like even numbers... I'm number 6 in my family and I know I'm Mommy's favorite :) I'll be there at beach next to you. We can pretend to be beach balls together. We'll make fun of all the girls who don't have a built in shelf to hold our beach snacks.

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

Kaye-You have such cute kids it would be a sin to not have more. Plus if you have another boy you have a basketball team with substitution. We are thrilled for you and Scott.

Fairchild Family said...

Can't wait to Beach with you lol Girl/boy who cares its number six you are my idol! Mrs. Kristen is actually very happy, surprised but happy, she told me so.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!