Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Is It Me, Or......?

I know you are thinking yes.....but, I think there is something wrong with me. Here is the deal.....I finally went and got my hair cut today. I use to do it about every 2 months, then it was every 3, and now it seems like every 6. My hair was the longest it has been in a long time.....hence the ponytails. Anyways, I have been going to the same hair dresser for years. I go to a guy named Guy. What I want to know is, does everybody talk to their hairdresser? It seems like the reputation of hair dresser is one of a confidant, someone that you confide details about yourself to. Not me, nope, we are silent. He will ask a couple of questions, that's about it. I think when I first started going to him, he mentioned that he is pretty quiet when he is styling, because it is like art to him. I know, I think that's funny too. I really never thought much of it, until today when I was sitting there and realized EVERYBODY in the salon was having conversation....except Guy and me! Then, I mention this to Scott and Scott says, "I couldn't get him to stop talking to me when I got my haircut by him". (Scott usually gets a "Supercut" but wanted to see what it was like to go to a salon and get your hair shampooed and your scalp massaged....he's such a diva!) So, these are my conclusions.....Guy must really not like me, or Guy must really like Scott.....haha! Anyways, do you think I am weird that I came home and had James take pictures of the back of my head, and then I took some so I could remember what it looks like right after it is done? I do this, because I can NEVER make it look the way he does.....I don't have the patience to dry, straighten, primp, etc. Oh well, here are some pics from my "photo shoot"













I am such a dork......I just noticed that I never untucked my collar from when they washed my hair. I walked around like that for a while.....I'm such a NERD!

10 comments:

Juli said...

Very, very cute!! Makes me want to cut mine!

Fairchild Family said...

Your hair looks great and it may surprise you but I would love to sit in silence if it meant I could come out of the salon looking as good as you!

Heather said...

That cut looks fantastic on you, and I would give anything if my skin looked like yours.

Jody C. said...

i love the new hair cut too...wished mine would do that great! i could never have that style of hair cut...you look beautiful!

Pam said...

Very nice! I don't blame you for taking pictures to remember it. It looks GREAT!!

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

I love your hair!! So stinking cute. You look so great with short hair.

Info said...

I so like your hair!!

I like the collar even more. I seem to do that sort of thing all the time.

Jo said...

I don't talk about personal stuff with my gal either. Although, we'll talk a little about TV shows or movies we've seen or stuff like that. Nothing personal at all. A lot of times we don't talk at all. Sometimes I'm just too tired to make the effort. But she knows that about me and it's all good. I had one hair guy not talk to me at all either. I was going to him for years when he confessed that he's shy towards girls he thought were hot. I certainly didn't think he was talking about me and said "I know what you mean." He probably thought I was gay. You're hair looks great, by the way!

Shand and Bry said...

I LOVE your hair! It looks awesome! And about the hair stylist thing... Well I used to go to this guy and we both talked to each other like crazy about everything, but we were kinda friends. But he actually told me about all the crazy stuff random people felt they needed to share with him, like cheating on their husbands and sectret fantasies and stuff. It was pretty crazy. For me, it would be weird to get really personal with my hair dresser like that. Maybe, if Guy isn't gay, he thinks you're totally hot and doesn't know what to say. And if he is gay, well then who knows what his deal is.

Kaye said...

Thanks Shandi....in that case I am totally going to pretend he is straight!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!