Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Am 16!!!!

Lately my days have consisted of rearranging each of the kids' rooms....laundry...trying to keep the house clean...sick kids....the gym.....etc, etc. Today was different....well, kind of. I still folded and put away the laundry, taught at the gym, drove kids around, but, I got to step out of reality for 2 hours and go to a movie in the middle of the day. I felt a bit like a teenager again, mainly because I had to get permission from my mom....she watched the kids for me. I went out with a group of girls from the ward. I don't get out much, and it was a lot of fun for me. I am thinking this needs to be a monthly thing....if not a movie, then lunch. It is nice to get out once in a while. So, thanks to all of my friends that ditched their daily responsibilities, and went out with me today. We saw the movie, "Twilight". Since I still think I am 16 years old, it was great. I wasn't too sure about the books when I heard they were about vampires, but got hooked on them like everyone else once I started. I also love Edward. I don't care what some people say, I love him as much in the movie as I do in the book. I also want to thank Jo for the text during the movie....even though you weren't able to go with us, we all got it. I forgot to turn off my phone, so everyone felt you there with us .....your friends and everyone else in the theater. Funny. We all need a couple of hours to escape once in a while. It was nice and needed. Thanks guys!

7 comments:

Lori said...

I'm with you...let's do it again!

Pam said...

That was fun! I liked going to the movies with "the girls":) Felt like old times....I am up for it anytime!

Heather said...

Kaye, this just made me miss you more.

Lori said...

I LOVE EDWARD TOO!!!!!! Seeing it at midnight was amazing!!!!!
-Kelsie

Info said...

HAHAHA...I am with you once i was the movie with Jorie I found someonw who stole my heart the way my husband did (good thing he is only a book and movie character LOL)

I just read the second book and now I am one to #3.

It is kind of fun being 16 again ;)

Jo said...

:) I strategically planned the text in the middle of the movie because I was really bummed I couldn't go with you. Darn my son for having his Thanksgiving play that day!!! Next time you can totally count me in!

Su said...

Lucky I saved you in time to see the kissing scene! You need me at the movie with you. I'm an asset.

Jo- I felt you there and even thought I heard you. :)

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!