Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Week Too Early

There are some that claim that I like to be the center of attention....all the focus on me.....so not true, well most of the time....alright, in certain situations. One of these situations being: giving talks or lessons. It is kind of ironic that I absolutely LOVE teaching a fitness class, but there is a HUGE difference between doing push ups in front of people vs just talking, and in my case, crying infront of everyone. I do not claim to be a spiritual giant, and the first to admit that I make many, many mistakes, so why in the world would anyone consider me to speak at the adult session of stake conference? I really thought it was a joke when I got the phone call, but it really wasn't....how funny is that? Anyways, I have been ignoring the fact that it is this weekend. I was really ticked when I got hit with strep throat last weekend and not this one! So, I really want to throw up thinking about what is coming up this weekend, and can't wait until 8:00 Saturday night when it is over.
Something else that is really laughable to me is the topic of my next Relief Society lesson. Facing the aggressor with the Savior's love. We all know I am not a naturally nice person. I can be nice, but I have to work at it....especially when people are stupid! I know that is not nice, but as soon as I got this topic, people literally were knocking at my door with confrontation. I have a tendency to confront issues head on...ready to go, but I have learned that I need to control that, and try to be a lot more gentle......ahhhhh...easier said than done!

Anyways, I got hit with strept throat this last week. It knocked me down....I was in bed from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday morning. It was horrible. I am glad it was just a short illness, and glad that antibiotics fight it off. I recognized something as I was laying in my bed. I realized that each of my boys are really, really sweet. I have always known it, but it made me realize it and appreciate it. They are also very different in their ways of showing their concern. James would slightly open the door, and check on me. He wouldn't disturb me, but if I called him, he would come in and ask very sweetly if there was anything he could do. Curtis would walk right up to me, stand there with his big smile, ask how I was feeling, and offer me something. Charlie would jump right on me, give me a huge hug and say "I don't like it when you are sick....I want you to be better". KC would crawl up on me and pat my back and lay his head on my back. George would come in and kiss my cheek and tell me he loves me. The best though was when I woke up to find this on my dresser.....

What in the heck is that? Well, George is definitely the most unique of my children. He was so proud of this ensemble. He told me, "Instead of giving you flowers, I made you a swamp" He told me this with a huge smile on his face. This is for sure something only a mother could love, plus it doesn't die like flowers. So, this is something I get to treasure forever and ever : ))

13 comments:

Jo said...

I love boys! They are so incredibly sweet in their own ways for sure! And you are one the most perfect people I know to be speaking in a stake conferance meeting! I'm glad you're better!

Liz Cuillard said...

The fact that George gave you a swamp is seriously the cutest thing I've ever heard. What a creative kid!

Heather said...

Don't be mad when I tell you I am laughing at all of it. Stake conf, makes me want to barf at the thought of ever having to speak in front of that many adults, I wish you luck. You will do great I know it. I also want a report on how you do.

George is such a creative kid, love the swamp idea. Laughing and loving the idea at the same time. What a sweet guy.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Kaye I can make you feel better, Brett is speaking too! He has been sick about it. So don't feel bad. Like I keep telling him, just don't go over! hee hee.

I love the swamp. Each kids has their own way of saying I love you don't they? I guess that's what makes being a mom so fun, most of the time.

Hang in there. And I will see you Saturday!!Ü

Pam said...

Your boys are great...I am glad that they took care of you. And I am sooooo looking forward to Saturday, it will be nice to be sitting in the congregation. No stress at all!! You will be awesome! Just pray about it. ha ha

Jody C. said...

You will do great! I had to speak last year in Stake Conference...in front of the whole stake. The only thing I was grateful was I could hear all the speakers and not have to worry about children fighting and carrying on.

George is a sweet boy...they all are...glad your feeling much better too.

AJsGirls said...

You're going to do great Saturday, I'm excited!

And seriously, I think George is the funniest kid I have ever met. Tell him thanks for the laugh.

Lori said...

So...are you going to be passing out candy Saturday night when you speak like when you give your RS lessons?

Juli said...

I've never had a swamp before.....you are a very lucky mommy. :)

Julianne said...

Kaye- you will be an AWESOME speaker at conference. I wish I were there! Maybe you can do a post later about your talk. Strep sucks- it really kicks your butt as an adult for some reason.

You have some great boys!

Fairchild Family said...

Want to hear all about your talk. Thanks for the joyful tears, love the swamp and glad your all better. You sure glowed in the temple maybe your giant is bigger then you thought.

Craig said...

LOL, we had stake conf last month. The Sat evening session I got up to stand by the door since my back was hurting. I got up just after the 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency finished speaking. The Second counselor got up and announced a change to the program. Apparently the Stake Pres was sick, sore throat, and couldn't talk for very long. They "invited" 3 people to come up and give a testimony of Ordinances.

As I passed through the exit doors, my name was announced. Then I was "invited" to come and sit on the stand and wait my turn, and speak after the Second counselor.

So, I didn't get to stand up, which killed my back, and I had to get up and speak on Ordinances off the cuff. It was interesting, and I can't really remember what I said, but that still sucks when they do that.

julianna said...

man, i wish i went to sat conf... i guess i should know by now that they always have it, but somehow i don't and am always surprised when i hear about this strange "adult conf session." i am sure your talk was awesome!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!