Monday, October 4, 2010

I Have A Six Pack!



The other day George asked me how many kids I wanted when I was a little girl. I told him 6. He did not believe me and thought I was just saying that because I have 6. He actually called my childhood friend and asked her. She of course answered "6". Scott always says I have to get my way, this time he was right. On August 31st I got something that I always wanted.....6 kids. My due date was not until September 17th. When people asked when I was due I would say, "mid September, but I am shooting for late August, early September." Everyone thought I was nuts, but I believe if you set a goal you can accomplish it.......goal achieved! We really weren't ready for the baby to come quite that early. I was planning on going to Babies R Us that Wednesday to pick up all of the last minute stuff that I needed.....I didn't even have an outfit to bring him home in. Monday the 30th was supposed to be a fun, relaxing day. I had a lunch planned with good friends and family and then had a doctor's appointment for myself and for George since George was home with a fever. Here is a picture of me taken at lunch......








Scott went to my appointment with me and kind of made my midwife strip me. She didn't really want to, because she wasn't going to be at the hospital until the end of the week, but it was
going to be a light work load for Scott that week, so he kept bugging her until she did. I left the doctor's office at 5:00. By the time I got home my contractions were starting to get stronger. I decided I should get my bag packed for the hospital. I told Scott I thought we should get going to the hospital, and he was hilarious. He was freaking out....it was like we had never done this before! He was calling people to come over and watch the kids.....he ended up having both Pam and Jani come over. I felt bad both of them came, but they were both so sweet willing to help. We ended up at the hospital around 7:00 and they admitted me. All I want
ed was the epidural. The contractions were hurting, but I got that glorious epidural so I didn't have to experience much discomfort.....and it was a GOOD epidural! We had quite a group at the hospital......


I know most people don't enjoy a crowded delivery room, but I've had one of the boys without anyone but Scott there and I was sad that we weren't surrounded by loved ones. James wanted to come, and I thought he was mature enough to experience it, but I made sure he wasn't exposed to anything that would make him unable to ever look me in the eyes again. He was in the room for the birth, but didn't see it until everything was cleaned up. Scott, my parents, my sister, my brother, my mother in law, my niece and James were there for the delivery. Two of my sister in laws stopped by earlier. The nurse had to ask for everyone to calm down around midnight.....we are a bit obnoxious.


I normally dilate from a 5 to a 10 very quickly, but this time was different. I actually felt bad for everyone that it was taking so long! They even gave me pitocin around 11:00 to try to get me further along. I was only to a 6. Finally a little after 2 am it was time. I think I pushed twice. My bag broke earlier, but there was still what they called a 'bubble'. Once that bubble popped he kind of flew out. It was the easiest delivery ever. It is such a wonderful experience to share with people that mean so much to me and who were so excited to be there for his entrance into this world.


The cord was wrapped around his neck, but luckily there were no complications. His blonde hair was evident right away and it was so fun to try to figure out who he looked like. He weighed 7 lb 7.8 oz......all of my babies have ranged from 7lb 3 oz to 7 lb 11 oz....I'm very lucky!
Scott cut the cord and James was able to cut the rest of it. I think he was a little nervous, but happy to do it


When he was born he let out his newborn cries, but as he layed on my chest he was very calm and sweet. It was definitely love at first sight.












The boys were very excited to come visit at the hospital.......it was insane when they dropped by. I was completely exhausted by them and asked for an extra day's stay at the hospital. It was great. I actually appreciated the hospital food! I didn't have to make it or clean it up....it was amazing.


Before I came home we got George's test results from his Monday appt. Turns out he had strep and mono.....I was freaking out. After having two babies suffer from RSV I am a complete FREAK about germs and exposing my babies to ANYTHING. Poor George had to keep distance from the baby and couldn't even hold him for a couple of weeks. I took this picture of George admiring him from afar.....so sad.....




It took us two days to name this little person. We finally decided on Eldon James. Eldon was one of my grandmother's brothers. My grandmother has the neatest family, and I was so happy to name another one of my boys after an admirable man. His middle name is a tribute to his older brother, plus I love that name! I am so thrilled to have this sweet, little baby, and I am cherishing every moment with him. So grateful to have my 6 boys!


























A big thank you to everyone who dropped off goodies, meals and gifts. Everyone is so giving and charitable. Our family truly appreciated all of it!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! You have an amazing 6-pack!!

Liz Rose said...

That is a great story. I am wishing I had let people in the room with me now. :)

Jody C. said...

Welcome Baby Eldon James!! Aunt Jody loves you and can't wait to see you! You look amazing Kaye! hugs to all

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!