Monday, March 17, 2008

Older, but not more mature!

Things are starting to happen if life that are making me think that I am getting old. Today, I spent the day at the hospital while my mom got an angiogram done. Luckily, her heart is doing okay for now, and heart surgery is not right around the corner. My much older sister has been spending the last few days at the hospital with her father in law, who suffered a severe stroke. Now, our parents are in their early 60's, which really isn't that old, but when this stuff starts happening, you start thinking about health, age, etc. Also, tonight I went to a Middle School meeting with James. He is old enough to attend middle school next year. Everyone around me is getting older, but my brain still thinks I am 16.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I feel the same way about getting old but feeling 16.

I hope your mother is feeling better. Wish I was there to help you out. Keep us updated.

Robbie said...

That's because mentally you still are 16! As someone that knows you very well Kaye and the fact that you are much, much older than me, I think I should tell you that you ARE getting old! However look at the bright side...at least you're not losing your hair.

Robbie said...

For crying out loud Kaye please remove that picture of George in the aweful hat! Or at least photoshop a Dodgers hat on him.

Juli said...

I know we just had this conversation, but i am still suffering from the "i'm getting old" syndrome too! except i feel like i am a bit older than you, 19. Somethings not right, my kids keep moving up in grades, i'm starting to shrivel & i'm only 19!! oh wait, no i'm not! I guess i won't be going down without a fight.

gingerdee said...

amen sista! isn't it annoying? and sad...

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!