Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How Do You Find Happiness?

It is no secret that when I am angry, sad, happy, etc. most of you will know it. I have always had a problem with wearing my emotions on my sleeve. I am not going to pretend that I never get in fights with Scott. It is safe to say that that man can aggravate me to no end. I will spare you the ridiculous details, but I will tell you he ticked me off. There is one thing I do that has made me feel better in situations like this. I am not one to go and spend money needlessly. I am a bit of a saver, I try to be a smart shopper, and am pretty sensible. The other day I saw these plates that I thought were so cute. I really wanted to get them, but we definitely don't need them. We have perfectly fine plates at home. I decided to be happy with what I had.....UNTIL, HE decided to not treat me like the lady I deserve to be treated as. After a couple of days of not so fun conversations, I felt like crud. Even chocolate would make me feel more depressed, so, I went back to that store, and there they were in all of there perfect glory.........what I now like to call my..............

"HAPPY PLATES"

I love them with all my heart. They will be nice to me, and they will always make me feel happy! Just a bit of history for you......some of my past "happy" purchases are uggs, a really nice purse, expensive jeans, several pairs of shoes, etc. Scott should be very, very careful in how he treats me, because I really only like to splurge when he is being a complete butt! So, if your husband treats you less than you deserve to be treated, I would be more than happy to help you find your "happiness" even if it is totally artificial, and a bit self indulgent! I am smiling just looking at them : )

14 comments:

Robert and Natalie said...

Kaye you are too funny! I think that it is nice to get giddy over stuff occasionally and those plates are so dang cute!

Pam said...

You were mad at Scott??? Love the plates!

Heather said...

I figured you were pretty ticked when I read you comment on FB. I hope you are feeling better. I think being in a fight with your spouse is a horrible feeling. Feel better my friend and enjoy your plates they are fabulous.

Heather said...

I figured you were pretty ticked when I read you comment on FB. I hope you are feeling better. I think being in a fight with your spouse is a horrible feeling. Feel better my friend and enjoy your plates they are fabulous.

Kim said...

Those are gorgeous! I spend my way to happiness as well-that's why my closet is so full :)

Liz Cuillard said...

Looking at those plates is making me happy too! A little retail therapy never hurt anyone...

Lori said...

Love the plates--and yellow is such a happy color!

Jo said...

Who says you have to be ticked to spend money???? Any time you feel the need just let me know. I'll be happy to indulge with you!

Julianne said...

Ha Ha Ha! I am the same way! Sometimes I look forward to a fight just because I know I am going to go buy something and NOT feel guilty about it!

Love the cute plates! Where did you get them?

Kaye said...

LOVE you girls!!! I am still not thrilled, so you will probably see my "happy" skirt and blouse I bought this Sunday :)

AJsGirls said...

I say WAY TO GO! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do sometimes.

Robbie said...

You're all CRAZY!!! No joke. U get mad and go spend useless money...hmmm sounds logical to me. And then your friends say what a great thing it is??? Seriously I have a great shrink for all of you.

Kelly said...

I love the plates, love the post! Hilarious! Retail therapy can be a great thing.

Kaye said...

Robbie....I am pretty sure the girls will back me up, but you are stupid! The whole point of the shopping is so we aren't as crazy! Also, we don't get mad, we get hurt and then make ourselves feel better! Us gals make PERFECT sense!!!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!