Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Heart

Getting older isn't too bad, but I don't like seeing other people getting old. My poor mother has gone through a lot in the last couple of years. She had open heart surgery, and was hoping that would be the cure-all. Well, since that operation she had to have her heart shocked, and today she had a MAZE procedure. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it fixes some scar tissue stuff. They had to put her under anasthesia, and that is never fun. I met my parents at the hospital around 7. I was glad I got to see her before and after the procedure, and stayed to keep my dad company. She is staying in the hospital tonight, and should be home tomorrow. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing my mom on drugs. She is such a happy druggy! She even told me I was her favorite....granted she was still coming out of the anasthesia, but that counts right? It doesn't matter, it is a known fact that Marcus will always be her favorite. Oh well, at least I am my dad's favorite....and I'm serious. Anyways, I am so grateful that she is doing well. It has been hard on her not having the endurance she has always had. It is so nice to have modern medicine and doctors that can help make quality of life better....we are really lucky.
My Papa passed away this last Sunday. I am glad that we got the chance to see him. In case you are wondering, he didn't notice the hats were gone!
My heart is full of gratitude for everything.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad your mom is doing fine and glad that you were there to sit with your dad. Sorry about your papa even if you weren't that close it is always sad. Enjoy the hats.

KMJ said...

I really like you Kaye.

Pam said...

I really like you too???? Anyways, so glad your Mom is doing well. I think that she is great and I do believe you when you say you are your Dad's favorite but I feel bad for your sister because who's favorite is she? Oh well. Sorry about your Papa but I am glad that he is in no pain anymore:)

Anonymous said...

Kaye you are a crack up! Sorry to hear about your papa. I am glad he didn't notice the hats!Ü
Being a "dad favorite" myself I know that it has it's perks. Enjoy everyday of it. (oh, and don't tell my sisters that I was his favorite!) Ü

Julianne said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom but I am glad that she is doing ok. I still remember her as such a fun and beautiful lady AND an awesome seminary teacher!

Fairchild Family said...

Your the best with all the emotional trials you have going on you were there to support me...Your my favorite too.

Jo said...

It's so hard seeing your parents go thru stuff. But I also, like the things my dad has said to me too while under the influence. It may not always be true but it sure is nice to hear! And how couldn't you be everyone's favorite??

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!