Thursday, February 12, 2009

Matrimonial Bliss

I was actually laughing at myself while I was typing that title. I might be immature enough to fight publicly on facebook with my spouse, but mature enough to not bash on him in my blog. We actually made up, and that little tiff is over. Fighting is exhausting, but I did get some cute things out of it. Fighting with your husband is so not fun, and anyone that says they never fight with their husbands are a complete wonder to me. I figured I would go the positive route and talk about my sweet valentine! Just kidding, I am not that cheesy either. Plus, if I ramble on about how amazing and wonderful he is he will just use it against me in our next argument. He would totally say something like, "why do you write such nice things about me if you don't mean it?" I just know he would, so I will just say I really do like him. We have what my mom calls a 'passionate' relationship. He is my best friend, and I don't think too many people have that and I feel very fortunate. Most of you already know why I love Valentine's day. I actually use to always hate it. I was that loser girl in high school that never had a boyfriend, and hated that day, basically because I didn't have a boyfriend. Now that I've got a man, I enjoy it. Our first Valentine's Day together Scott hired me a singing telegram to show up at the office I worked at. It was totally embarassing, hilarious, and sweet. I have it taped, but need to figure out how to transfer my 8mm to dvd. He is definitely the romantic one in our marriage. I really am not. I have set one rule regarding V day, and that is, there is NOWAY he is allowed to buy me flowers on that day. They are so expensive, and I think that is a lame present for that day . Now, give me flowers on any random Tuesday, and I will get excited. He actually did that last week. See what I mean, he is totally sweet like that. We now have a tradition of going to Tommy's. That's right, Tommy's! I don't eat hamburgers very often, and I usually only eat a chili hamburger on that one special day of the year. This is so great for so many reasons. First of all, I hate waiting to eat. We have never had to wait there yet. The food is so yummy, and I am so excited thinking about it right now. I love food, but I don't love spending tons of money on a meal.....Tommy's is absolutely practical. I also love to just sit with him, talk, eat and enjoy the actual "date". I love it. We have always taken a romantic stroll across the parking lot to Albertsons to get jelly bellies, but they don't have them anymore. Now we will have to take the scenic drive up to Ralphs since they carry my tutti fruity yummies. Hope everyone has a happy love day!!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I want to fly to CA and crash your Tommy date so bad. I want a chili burger like there is no tomorrow. Enjoy and think of me at least once, ok?

Pam said...

I love your tradition of Tommy's on Valentines Day! How romantic!!

redstarmama said...

That is quite possibly the best Valentine's Day tradition I have ever heard. Enjoy it!

Kim said...

I've never eaten at Tommy's. Must be good to look forward to once a year. What a cool tradition.

Kaye said...

Kim...no Tommy's, no Scrabble??? What is wrong with you!!!

Kim said...

I know. I'm sheltered.

Liz Rose said...

Wow--so I missed the Happiness post. That is hillarious!! It made my night--thank you!! And I especiallly loved Robbie's comments as well. Fun to have a man put his two cents in.

By the way--costco will transfer your 8mm over to a dvd I believe. :)

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!