Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Honeymoon's OVER!

If you are a sensitive person, you might not want to continue reading. Here it goes.....I've had Lexi for a week and a half. I still "like" her, but I have to be honest and say I don't "LOVE" her. She is very sweet, she loves to sit with everyone, she doesn't bark when people come to the door, and her fur doesn't smell yucky. Here are my problems....her breath is horrific!!! It is so nasty. I've tried the puppermints...doesn't really work. I will actually try brushing her teeth, I just have to go get the stuff. This is what I can not deal with.......POOP!!! Granted, her poop is the size of tootsie rolls, but it is still poop. I am trying to get her to only do it outside, and she does a lot of the time. It only takes one time to really disgust me. It is gross. I have dealt with enough poop, I don't want to deal with hers. I don't have time to stand outside to watch her poop, so I am not quite sure what to do. Oh well. And one more thing....she totally licks. All of the time. I think it is so sick! I guess Maltese dogs are known for that. The boys really like her. She is getting spayed next week. It is going to cost over $100. It is 80 something for the procedure and a little over 20 for the pain meds. Scott was irritated I didn't want to waste my $ on pain meds for a dog. Seriously, if I am going to pay for them, I should be able to be the one to benefit. I know I am horrible! Oh well, I guess I did this to myself.

7 comments:

Jo said...

Okay. So I was totally going to post something totally smart like "Who's the princess now???" But I realize that this may not be the best thing so I guess I'll just say: I'm sorry. It's just one more kid to have to worry about huh? :)

Jody C. said...

really you got a good deal to spay her. hang in there it's worth paying the money because you do not want to deal with the mess while she's in heat. been there done that and never again

AJsGirls said...

Ya, I second the fact that $100 is money well spent. You think bad breath is a pain imagine putting a pad on a freaking dog! But, in all seriousness I was cracking up while reading this, you're hilarious.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!I am thinking an dealing with the same dog thing. Yuck poop, yuck breath, yuck licking. I know it is a dog thing but really, gross! I thought I could be a dog person, I guess I am not. Don't think you are alone in this. I hear you!

Julianne said...

You totally crack me up! A dog is seriously like having another kid, the only difference is that you love your kids!

Robbie said...

If you'd like I can come take care of the problem for $50 and I wont charge you anything for the pain meds. I'll just bring my gun and end all of your problems in one shot (punn intended. Sorry PETA lovers) and YOU can have the pain meds! Don't tell me you haven't thought of it.

Fairchild Family said...

I need to talk to Robbie...I will pay you double but you have to keep it a big secret. I feel your pain!!!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!