Monday, January 26, 2009

Not One...OK, Maybe One, But Definitely NOT Two!

So, what am I talking about? Seconds. Seconds that you can not take your eyes off of KC. James had a friend come over after school, so all of the boys went outside to play. That left KC and myself in the house. I was trying to get the laundry done, and get everything organized. I went up to fold one load of laundry. While I was doing that, KC got into some nail polish.....luckily it was just sparkly kind, but my front tile now has a shimery glow to it! After cleaning that up, I went to check on things on the computer. For a short moment, I was appreciating the rare silence in my house......that's when I realized that is a very dangerous sound. That is when I found KC doing this......
He really is like Spiderman.....he scales everything. He thought it was really fun to dump the laundry detergent on top of that flashlight. Luckily he looked at me like this......
He has such an irresistable smile, I can't help but to laugh. I was still trying to find the humor in it, and realized it's nothing a vacuum can't take care of. So, I then went upstairs to fold another load of laundry. I heard the refrigerator door beeping (meaning it had been open for too long). I came down to find this.....
Yes, that is a carton of ice cream that he is eating with his hands, and you can see it dripping down his face. This is the same kid that I found hiding in the pantry eating BBQ potato chips this morning for breakfast! I recognize that he might have a problem with food throughout his life, but look how happy he is......Despite his eating disorder, he is a very active kid. He just keeps going and going. Yesterday, after church, he was suppose to be taking a nap. We found him sleeping on the floor infront of his train table, half in and half out of his closet. I did not have my camera with me for that one. Due to his late nap yesterday, he had a hard time staying in bed last night. While we were hanging out downstairs, we found him right here.....On the staircase. Now this next expression of his is priceless. It makes me laugh EVERYTIME. Scott was giving him the "Dad Look" and it is KC's "oh crap....I think I'm in trouble look.......
He is such a happy little thing. Here are James and him leading the opening song for family home evening......

This boy is so busy, he definitely keeps me moving. If I were an optimistic person, I would think the extra calorie burn was worth it. I'm not so sure though. My Dad always says that my kids just keep on getting worse. Makes him sound like a jerk, but he is. I'm not talking badly about my father, I would totally say that to his face. Anyways, KC is a blessing, and I love him to pieces.....I just finished screaming at him for standing on the table as I write this. I am feeling pressure to have another baby....just because for the last 12 years, my body has been in a cycle of getting pregnant at this time. I am also getting older. BUT, you usually need a willing partner. He is willing to practice, but not having it result in a pregnancy. I don't necessarily want a newborn....it is exhausting!!! I am pretty frazzled as it is. I feel like I need a sign....maybe the above is an actual sign!!! Anyways, updating my previous post....we found the smell!!! It was dog pee....yes dog pee. Before Lexi was house trained she apparantly peed in a certain spot on the carpet....gross I know. Anyways, we pulled up the carpet....ripped out the padding. Cleaned it all out. We are going to deep clean the carpets, and it should be better. That was not fun. We got the garage door replaced.....and it works! My grandfather is STILL alive. I drove down with my sister and brother. We met my parents down there. Papa looked good for a guy that was about to die. They were going to give him hospice treatment the following day, so he could be comfortable. Now, it turns out he might be getting released and not dying afterall. As far as we knew he had about 5 days left. Here is the funny thing.....my uncle told us to go through the house and see if we wanted anything. My sister and I found some cool hats, and took a couple of them. We also fought over his new TV, but neither of us left with it. My brother felt too bad....whatever, you can't take it with you! So, now when he gets home, I hope he doesn't check his closet for his hats!!! I think it is hilarious.
As I am closing this up Curtis just informed me that KC got into the detergent again. Now it's not so cute.......definitely a sign!

8 comments:

Pam said...

You know I love KC! I was busting up just reading this...he makes me smile! I think he was sent to you for comic relief...right? There should be a KC in every family:)

Lori said...

You could always get another dog...

Juli said...

don't tell ANYBODY :), but i totally know how you're feeling....your body is wondering why it's not pregnant, my babies are getting so big, mentally you're already going crazy-how could i add to the madness....i'm waiting for a SPECIAL sign too, because unfortunately/fortunately i have a willing partner :-)

Jo said...

Oh Man! KC is so cute! How could you get mad at a face like that????

Heather said...

I am tired just reading about having a young one in the house. You are a more patient person than myself. I have had a razor blade sitting on my counter for weeks and I just keep thinking how nice it is to not have to worry about a little one getting their hands on it.

I say as long as you keep having cute boys keep having them.

McB's said...

K I love reading your blog, they make me laugh, you have such an interesting busy life! Don't know if you remember us but we were in the ward in Simi 6 years ago when you guys moved in. Anywho...had to tell you how much fun it is to read your stories, LOL.

Robbie said...

You forgot to write about him proclaiming my name from the rooftops.

Classic Kaye line: "Uh yourself to sleep"...crickets...more crickets...then hysterical laughter from Scott and I.

Thanks for the great Bachelor party and yes Lana definitely missed out. How much you wanna bet she doesn't miss next week? (Neither will Scott).

AJsGirls said...

I just love reading your blog, it makes me happy. You write exactly like you talk. I totally think you should round things out with #6! I have issues with add numbers of children, I know, not a reason to have one but still.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!