Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Finally Got A Girl!

Random facts about me.....I LOVE food, I can't stand being cold, I LOVE babies, and I am NOT an animal person. So, this is much of a surprise to me as it is to my husband. We got another dog, and she is mine. That's right, it's a girl. Now we have two dogs.....that is crazy! Our first dog is a golden retriever. We got him when he was a baby, and the only reason we got him was because people made me feel guitly for having boys and no dog. They told me every boy needs a dog and I fell for it. Anyways, that dog is now 2 or 3....whatever. He poops all over my back yard, he smells, he barks, so I haven't really enjoyed him. Also, when you take him for walks, he is usually the one leading....and he's BIG. So, Scott works with this lady that knows this well-to-do teenager that got two maltese dogs. She was over them, and wanted to get rid of one. Scott mentioned this not thinking I would bite, but I did. By the time he got back to her, she already got rid of the first one. She wanted to keep just one. I was actually a bit disappointed. About a week later Scott got a call telling him that she didn't want the other one either. So, she brought her over, and we kept her. This is totally new for me. I've never had my own dog, let alone a dog that stays indoors. You know I hate smells, so if my house starts smelling like urine, I will freak. So far, she is pretty good at going outside. She had one accident the first night, but has gone outside all the other times. She did poop in the house, but it was our fault that we did not take her out, because she was barking by the door, and we didn't get to her. Anyways, she is very girlie. I named her Lexi, because it seemed like a little, spoiled girl's name (sorry if anyone is named Lexi) She loves to sit in my lap, and she is my shadow. She really, really loves me. I figure since Scott won't let me have anymore babies, this might be as close as I ever get to a girl!
My camera is getting fixed right now, so as soon as I get it back, I will post the pics!

7 comments:

Pam said...

Finally a girl! Congratulations! I can't wait to come over and see her. You know if you need anyone to walk her..I would love to:)

Jody C. said...

by now you should now how we feel about dogs...i can't wait to see her! my 2 boys sleep with me and follow me everywhere. have fun with lexi!

Kim said...

How fun! I think we need to throw you a shower :)

Lori said...

Little Lexi Cuillard....How cute!
I think a shower would be so much fun! Let's do it!

Fairchild Family said...

Im in on the shower,,,,we can really freak you out and bring all our dogs...just kidden. Congrats!

Info said...

And the called it puppy love.......

Rosey Posey said...

Lexi is such a cute name. Hooray for some more estrogen in the house!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!