Thursday, January 1, 2009

Last Two Days of The Year

Two of my favorite things to do with my family are going to the beach and going out on the boat. December 30th, we took the kids to the beach. I was feeling really lazy and didn't want to get it all together, but I'm glad I did! It was about 70 degrees, sunny, and no wind. It wasn't warm enough to wear a suit, but I had shorts and a tank top, and it was nice to sit in the sun. My nephew got a surfboard for Christmas, so the boys got a chance to try it out. They LOVED it. I am afraid they really want one.....so, if anyone knows of any used boards for sale, please let me know! Anyways, Curtis borrowed his cousin's wet suit, but the other crazies can be part of the polar bear club. You can tell he is freezing, but it didn't stop him from going back in!
Dad giving Curtis surfing tipsHe's up!He's Down!James makes it look easy

You know it is a successful day at the beach when before you hit PCH you see this.......
December 31st looked like it was going to be just as nice, so we decided to head off to Castaic....it was gorgeous
It was not a surprise that we were the only people actually going IN the water. The only other people around were the fishermen. The water was like glass.....the kids (and Scott) had some great runs!

Jamertime
KC loves the boat......he also says "boat" no less than 1,000 times.....he also has no fear of the water and thinks he can walk right into it...we only let him go under once....then we saved him!


Curtis

Curtis always makes us laugh!



Charlie was the only man enough to do it without a wet suit...he had soooo much fun!

The best part is, that it usually results with this.....

And, here I am being happy! Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Looks so fun and you look so happy! What a way to end the year...doing the two things you love. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Do you really drive the boat? I think that is crazy. Looks like you had a great school free couple of weeks. I think it is funny that you are in a sweatshirt and your kids are in the lake! Crazy boys!

DCuillard said...

Dear Kaye: Wow! Cute photos! The boys look so happy! I hope you are feeling better soon.
Love,
Mom C

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!