Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Think I'm Older

Christmas with 5 little boys is so much fun! I absolutely love Christmas morning and watching them open their presents. One of my favorite moments was watching KC open up his fire truck.
He was so happy. The boys had a very nice Christmas, we are very blessed to have everything we have.

Christmas Eve is spent at my parent's house. Since my life revolves around food, it is one of my favorites, because they always provide a yummy prime rib dinner. Most families reenact the nativity story, but after the kids' production at the ward party, we decided that was enough! The cousins decided to do a talent show. The white boys rapped the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air"


James played the guitar

KC picked his nose then entire time Ruby and Charlie sang

These 3 boys sang the party song from "Nacho Libre"

You can see I get my not normalness from my family. Not exactly traditional. It was a fun night, and then Scott and I stayed up forever since I had not wrapped one present, and he had a couple of bikes to assemble.

We have the 4 boys sleep upstairs together.....I am pretty sure we could get a couple more kids in there!

Christmas morning came early. KC woke up at 6, but then fell back asleep. By the time I fell back asleep the boys came walking in our room at 7:09. We opened presents, I prepared some food for that evening, and then, went back to bed! I got about an hour nap...not bad. We headed back to my parents so the kids could open some presents together. We got back home and got things ready for Scott's family to come over for dinner. It was nice to see Steve and Melissa and their kids. I got to play with their girls. Kennedi and Rilea sang songs while I played the piano....so much fun for me. We then included the boys and it was nice to hear them sing "We'll Bring The World His Truth"



Robbie and I had one of our usual photo shoots, and he had fun posing....
He is still my favorite sister in law...the funny thing is, my sister had me take pictures of her posing as well....

Robbie and Lana have a lot in common......very funny!

I definitely ate more than I needed to or should have. The only person that I think outdid me was KC......I think this kid has an eating disorder......he NEVER stopped!


I love this kid!

Jamers received the Aaronic Priesthood today, and I am very proud of him. Grandma bought him a nice white shirt since he will be passing the sacrament next week!


Hanna and me....she is a cute girl....I get to watch my sister go through the drama....it's fun!

My mom thought this shirt would hurt Curtis's feelings, but he thought it was funny....he looks exactly like the picture on this shirt when he poses.....and he eats ALL day long! See....


It was a nice Christmas. Since we have only spent 95% of this week with our families, we had everyone over for a post church lunch at our house to celebrate James's accomplishment.

Last night KC slept in his big boy bed for the first time. It wasn't too bad getting him to go to sleep in it....the usual in and out a few times, the problem started at midnight. He walked down into James's room. James brought him up to us. KC wasn't upset, he just wanted to play. Scott and I tried to deal with him in shifts. I layed in his bed for a while, but he just wanted to play with the mole on my face.....Scott took over about 2:30, and said he didn't fall back asleep until 5:00. At least KC was happy throughout the night. No crying or anything.....just wanting to play. So, after a week of nonstop activity, I could not handle an all nighter. After the lunch today, Scott and I were able to take a nap....after 3 hours I had to force myself out of bed. I use to be able to function on very little sleep...I think I am getting old!

5 comments:

Robbie said...

Kaye u know how empty ur life would be without having me and Lana to spice it up. And don't even pretend that u don't love the photo shoots. Lana, I think we're twins seperated at birth.

Robbie said...

P.S.
When are we going shopping? j.k.

Liz Rose said...

You really do have such cute boys. Those pictures are really fun!

Julianne said...

What a fun time! Hey, when you say you can fit more boys in that room......are you trying to tell us something??????

Anonymous said...

Luv that shot of the boy in the red under pants. I grabbed the hi res shot and had a good laugh. He is a good looking boy and he has a gorgeous body and nice legs, and beautiful face. I am going to put him on display in my room in a large digital picture frame. It will be fun to have a gorgeous boy like this around to look at and check out whenever I want.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!