Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Birthday Experiment

So, incase you hadn't heard, my birthday was Saturday. I tried something new this year. Usually I don't really make it known that it is my birthday, and I don't usually get excited about it. This time around, I decided to shout it from the rooftops. I completely understand I am a dork, so you don't have to tell me. Scott has always hated that I don't get excited about birthdays, so I thought I would really get into it. Two of my oldest friends, one since 8 years old, and the other since high school took me to lunch on Thursday. We always have a good time, and they are really good friends. Friday I went to breakfast with my sister and parents. I then went Christmas shopping with my mom. I even announced my birthday in my Friday muscle conditioning class, and then made them workout to 50 cent's In Da Club...."Gonna Party Like It's Your Birthday". When I wanted them to squat deeper, I would say "For my birthday...PLEASE!" Saturday we had two football parties....not my favorite thing to do on my birthday, but Pam and Adam were at one of them. It's always fun to see them, and Adam sang to me, which would normally embarass me, but I decided to soak it up and really enjoy the attention. Saturday night we went out to my favorite Mexican and then took the oldest 3 boys to the local production of "It's A Wonderful Life....the Musical". Sunday Scott let me sleep in...we kind of ditched church, because none of the boys woke up (either did I) That afternoon the instructors had a Christmas get together...we exchange presents and eat til we are about to burst. It was a Christmas celebration, but I was pretending it was for me....just kidding, but it is always a good time. My friend, Kim's birthday was on the first, so I suggested we all get together for lunch for a combined birthday celebration. I have no problem throwing myself a birthday party. So, a bunch of us from the ward got together and had a fun lunch. All of them are so great, and I feel so lucky to get to be friends with these girls! Now, some might look at my overly advertised birthday as an attention getter....it is what it is, but I have to tell you that it was one of my most fun birthdays....well birthday weeks! I feel a little guilty about receiving such thoughtful gifts, but really appreciate everyone's kindness. I hate when I miss friends birthdays. I wish everyone would announce when their birthdays are so I don't feel so cruddy after they pass. So, it may seem a bit indulgent, but it depends how you look at it. Maybe a little needy as well, but it was sure fun. Thanks to everyone for making it a great birthday......now I guess I will have to settle for celebrating Christmas.....what a fun month! Ginger and I have been best friends since 4th grade. Jessica and I met in high school, were roommates in college, and she still is willing to hang out with me....that's a true friend....

My parents, sister, Lana, and KC.....birthday breakfast!


Forgot to mention that we had our gym Christmas party Friday night....Scott doesn't love going, but he is a good sport for my sake, and very handsome might I add!

My favorite little men.....best gifts I have ever received!

Carly, Joe and Heidi.....yeah for birthday lunches!

Lori, Pam, Kim and Jennifer.....Happy Birthday to Kim too.....see, it's not all about me


Not the best quality...wish it came out better. Such a fun birthday, I would highly recommend, like the song says...."You've had a birthday, shout hooray!" Much more fun that way!

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Happy belated birthday Kaye!

Pam said...

I liked your birthday experiment and I will try it this next year. Lunch was fun but then again anything I do with you is fun!! And once again Happy Birthday!!! Till next year:)

Jody C. said...

tag you're it...husband tag...look at my blog and answer ?s...can't wait to see what you have to say about your hubby

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!