Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Baby Is Growing Up!!!



Today is James's 12th birthday. I know this isn't all about me, BUT, I always thought I would be much more mature when I had a son passing the sacrament. I am still really immature....oh well, maybe when he blesses it. I am a proud mother. James is growing up to be an impressive young man. Don't get me wrong, he can be a total snot, but putting the attitude and disrespectfulness aside, he is fantastic. He is a great helper, he is responsible, I think he's a babe, he has a good sense of humor, and I actually really like him. So, he is my oldest....I made a rookie mistake and had my first baby right around Christmas. I did learn from that, and have scattered the other birthdays throughout the year. I try to make James's birthday special for him. I try not to blend Christmas into his day. I was super lazy this year, so yesterday he asked if some friends could spend the night. I figured it would be fine.....I did absolutely nothing. They played basketball and video games. I went upstairs and was asleep by 11. As long as they didn't wake up KC I was ok. I am not even sure if they ate. I think they got soda, but I am not sure if they broke into the junk food. I at least gave them breakfast.....doughnuts, and Scott picked them up. So, I basically did nothing. James will be received the Aaronic Priesthood this Sunday. I am very excited for him. I grew up without the Priesthood in my home. How lucky am I now? Some short years from now, I will be surrounded by it.....I always prayed to have the Priesthood in my home, and I am beyond happy to have that prayer answered. James is very low maintenance. All he wanted today was pizza and a big cookie.....he is outside playing basketball with some brothers and neighbors, and he is totally content......boys are great! Poor James.....I drive him nuts. He really can't stand me! I always tell him....when I am dead and gone, you will think about me, and realize how funny and great I am----weird....I know!

We have been keeping busy with Christmas festivities. The kids are on Christmas break, and we really just plan on hanging out.....that is what they prefer to do. I have to write about our ward Christmas party. I still don't think it is very funny, but people keep telling me that years from now I will find this hilarious. Anyways, they asked the three oldest boys to play the wisemen. James got hit with strep throat, so we replaced him with Charlie. KC was asked to play a camel, so we had the 4 boys up on stage. Long story short, it was basically the nativity story transformed into the WWF. Wrestling, jumping, tackling, hopping, etc. It was out of control. I felt so bad for the people that wanted to enjoy the program....you know there are always some of those out there, but leave it to the Cuillard's....we sucked any reverence out of that program! KC started going under some of the props.....it was entertaining. I was hoping the Bishop would ask us to take some time off from church, but he thought it was fantastic. Oh well, I have a feeling the Cuillard boys will not be asked to participate any time soon.

These were taken during the program

3 comments:

Jennifer Knight said...

I loved your post...I too don't feel mature enough to have sons that hold the priesthood. What a privilege to raise 5 boys - Heavenly Father must have a lot of confidence in you! At times when I have felt sad because I have 3 sons and no daughters my husband has impressed upon me the importance of mothers in raising our next generation of priesthood holders. And you with 5...wow! You're awesome!

Pam said...

I love the picture of KC under the sheet. So cute!! James is such a good kid and it is exciting that he is getting the priesthood:) Just think when all the boys are of age...you will be surrounded by the priesthood. How nice!

Kim said...

That was honestly one of the most entertaining programs. I know you and Scott were mortified but it would have been a little dry without your boys' contributions to the evening :)

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!