Friday, June 13, 2008

No More School!

It seems like these last 2 weeks have been the busiest out of the entire school year. The overwhelming thing is, I don't think it is going to ease up too much. Anyways, I am so glad today is the last day. James has officially completed elementary school and is moving into middle school in the fall. So, we thought it would be fun for him to have some of his buddies celebrate with a sleep over. He kept gettting mad at me for calling it a slumber party. In case you don't know, a slumber party is for girls and a sleep over is for boys. Anyways, this is the group that will be here tonight!

They are all pretty good boys, so it SHOULD be a fun night. James is such a huge help around here, I thought he deserved something.

Baseball is almost over.....the official end of the year picnic is tomorrow.....I think James's team has one weekend tournament...and THEN we are done. I am so terrible....James and Curtis both made all-stars, but I so did not want to travel, and more importantly pay for tournaments, so, they aren't going to participate. Luckily, they didn't seem to care and were content knowing that they had been picked. Yeah for me!

Check out this picture of Charlie with his preschool teacher on his last day

Poor Miss Kristen really didn't want to get that close to him since his entire face was covered in chocolate. For some reason whenever Charlie eats it ends up EVERYWHERE. He is by far the most disgusting! She is a good sport and has had all 4 of the boys....I think she is one of the people that advised us to stop having kids! Just wait til she gets KC.

James had his little culmination from 5th grade, here is a pic of him receiving his certificate


I thought I would try to be nice, so right before his ceremony I raced to the party store and picked up a cool ballon and tied some candy to it. I was cutting it close on time. As I was speed walking on campus, sweating, holding KC, dragging Charlie, and holding the balloon.....the string to the balloon completely snapped! I have never had that happen. Some parents had flowers for their girls, and cute little gifts. I walked in and handed James a blue string with candy tied around it! It was kind of funny, but who does that happen to? I remember when I went from elementary to junior high, my parents gave me lipstick and a razor so I could start shaving my legs. Looking back, I wish they had saved the razor until I was going into high school. If I ever had a girl my advice would be that there is NO hurry to shave your legs!!! Shaving legs is such a pain.

They had some balloon bouquets tied to the chairs, so for that picture I grabbed them pretending those were the ones I got for him......yes, I think I am funny!

So, school is out. I am excited for the fun times and lazy days, but am not looking forward to fights and complaints of boredom! I will be glad once I get my studying done for the personal training, and Branden and I are attempting to get our outdoor bootcamp going. Busy, busy ,busy! I will email fliers out to some of you.

4 comments:

Heather said...

You boys are so cute. Enjoy your summer.

Pam said...

What a nice Mom! Hope you are having fun at the sleepover!!

Liz Rose said...

You are a good mom Kaye--way to go on snagging the balloons, that is awesome!
So when you say you're going to mail some boot camp fliers to "some" of us....does that mean you think only some of us could handle it.....hee hee jk--

Kaye said...

I will totally send it out to you....even you pregnant mamas!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!