Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Why Are We Not At The Beach?

There is absolutely no reason to not be at the beach today. I know I am a whimp, and I am sitting in an air conditioned house, but it is HOT today. I know this, not only because my air conditioning barely ever stops running, but look how red James's face is...... What makes them want to go outside and play basketball in this heat? Thank goodness for otter pops and ice cream! How great would it be to be able to go out in public and eat an ice cream cone like this.....














So, this is totally unrelated, but I have always seen pictures or videos of kids falling asleep as they eat dinner. I have also NEVER experienced it, until now. That's right....it took five of them, but it finally happened. Little KC was so tired, he couldn't stay awake during Father's Day dinner......it was probably the most relaxed meal I've had in a long time, and it wasn't even Mother's Day!
I guess I am a bit envious of KC.....I try to eat my food like he does, but Scott always gets mad at me and makes me wipe my face....seriously, I tell him I'm not done, but he insists......and to be able to eat, fall asleep, and not care that you are pretty much sleeping in your food......what a life!

4 comments:

Pam said...

It was hot today, I could barely handle it. What happen to June gloom? Don't get me wrong I love the sun but when I can be at the beach or pool side. By the way, I would invite your kids to go swimming in our white trash pool but we returned the thing. It just was not the kind of pool we were looking for...we need a REAL one! Sad, it didn't even make it to summer! I could have enjoyed it this week. Oh well!

Heather said...

Hot? You are complaining about hot? I think it was 114 today. I love it. My kids were in the pool all day.

KC is the cutest kid ever. I want to meet him so bad. 5 cute boys you should feel blessed.

Thayne is staying in Simi tonight and I am sooooo jealous.

Kaye said...

Heather...114!!! I think I would die....I am pretending the humididty here makes it worse, but you win!

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

Why aren't you at the beach? You need to go spend a little extra beach time for us, where the closest beach for us is Utah Lake beach. Heaven help us!!!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!