Monday, June 2, 2008

Lucky 13!













Tomorrow will be our 13 year anniversary



Time goes by so quickly. We were so stinkin young when we got married. He was 22 and I was 20....that is so crazy! You would think our parents would not have been happy about it, but I am pretty sure my parents just wanted to get me out of the house. I had moved back in after a couple of years at college, and my mom was so ready to get rid of me....she had redecorated my room the day after my wedding. I don't take it personally though!

Marriage is not easy, and we have had our challenges, but it is worth it. I really enjoy spending time with him. I wish that is what we could do tomorrow, but in reality we will be getting busy........not in the way you think we would on our anniversary. I mean getting busy by him going to work, me teaching two classes at the gym, one baseball game, and 2 boys to scouts. I am not complaining though. If after 13 years it wasn't like that, I would be sad.

Scott has given me some amazing gifts over the years....from singing telegrams, treasure hunts, and expensive items. He is definitely the romantic one in the relationship. This year is a little different. We decided for our anniversary I would give him his speeding tickets along with traffic school, and he is giving me the personal training package to get certified. We are so romantic! We do have plans to meet up after the kids are in bed and get a bite to eat.....as long as there is chocolate involved, I will be overjoyed. That is pretty much how it works with me!

When Scott is really annoyed with me, I choose that time to remind him he is with me for Time and ALL Eternity....that is his favorite! I wait til he is really upset and then I hit him with that one. I keep telling him his next wife isn't going to be as funny as me......yeah, he doesn't think that one is funny either! Our marriage might not be the perfect marriage....but it is perfect for me. We are both passionate people...we fight, love, laugh, play and live with passion. We are opposites in many ways, and I like that he opens my eyes to view life in different perspectives. Thank you Scott, Happy Anniversary!





I tried finding a picture where I was not pregnant....but I couldn't!








I think we make a pretty good team!



6 comments:

Heather said...

I just love you guys. Happy Anniversary.

Pam said...

I think that you both are great! Have a wonderful anniversary!!! And I can take and bring home your boys from scouts for you tomorrow?? Anniversary gift?

Jo said...

Happy Aniversary! I know what you mean about marriage not being easy. But that's why it's celestial right?

Lori said...

Congratulations! Doesn't that mean Tommy's and gummy bears?

Kim said...

Congratulations! And I love the gifts. Sometimes the practical ones are the best.

Heather said...

Hey I just have to say that everytime I click on your blog and I see your picture with the coolest crazy buns ever, it makes me laugh. Your hair was the best.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!