Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wasn't Gonna Do It!!!

Last night was a horrible night's sleep. I maybe got about 4 hours. I went to the gym at 9:15 to teach my bootcamp class and it was already 96 degrees. My original plan was to take my kids to my mom's pool, but my sister insisted we go to the beach. I LOVE the beach, but when you are tired, taking 5 boys to the beach is not an easy task. Even when you have the best night's sleep it isn't an easy task. Anyways, between my sister and my mom, they made me do it. I got home, loaded up the car, did the worst sun tan lotion job on the kids, and headed for Zuma. Let me tell you, it was AMAZING!!! The water was a little crazy with all of the rip tides, but that did not matter. It was in the high 70's with a very light breeze. A great first beach day for the summer. KC was hilarious. He did not take a nap all day, and when he gets tired he gets crazier than normal. I know this is a big surprise, but I am not that great Mom that gets up and plays with her kids all day. My goal is to really never have to get out of my chair. Unfortunately, KC discovered the water and I had to stand with him for a good part of the day. Not only did I have to stand with him, the water was really strong so I had to hold onto him everytime the waves crashed.....but it was a good upper body workout. Anyways, he had sand in about every crevice of his body and was so happy about it. I think that kid swallowed half the sand on the beach......not looking forward to the diapers tomorrow! I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures, but he had a sand goatee, and he looked very cute. He didn't cry once all day, actually, none of the kids did. Everyone got along perfectly, and that is rare! So, here is the very sad part.....James had baseball practice at 5:30, and I had to teach Turbo at 6:15, so we had to leave by 4:30. Nothing is worse than leaving the beach early on a perfect beach day! My annoying sister did not leave until 7:00......I hate her (In a very nice way, but I told her I hate her for that, and she doesn't care). Now, it is 10:00, I am exhausted, and I am waiting for the towels to get out of the dryer, because we are waking up at 5:30 to take the boat out on the lake! I am desperately trying to find a sub for my 4:00 class, so we don't have to leave early!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

beach and the lake? Sounds like you are having a great summer so far. 70 degree weather at the beach is heavenly.

Lori said...

Wish I would have been there with you!

Jo said...

What a great day! We went to the pool and suffered with the heat. I didn't even think about going to the beach. Duh!!!!

Heather said...

Kaye I like to get in and swim with my kid but if I were at the beach I too would try to sit on my towel and read magazines the whole time.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!