Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Kids Think I'm The Best

This is very rare for me, so I am going to document that right now my kids think I am fantastic! Why? Well, because we brought out all of the Halloween stuff and put it all over the house. I understand that it isn't even October yet, but the celebrating has begun. George absolutely lives for Halloween. He was born one hour after Halloween. At the time, I did everything in my power to prevent having a Halloween baby, but I now regret not walking around and trying to get him here on Halloween. George has had his costume for this year planned since 2005. He got mad at Charlie for wanting to be the same thing he was last year.....luckily, we were able to change Charlie's mind, because George just wasn't going to have it. George collects masks and loves wearing them throughout the year. George is a little odd, but I think he gets some of it from me, because our rule is you can wear masks anytime, except on Halloween. Halloween is the time to be creative and go all out! George use to wear his masks to the daycare at the gym, but they had to ask him to stop, because he would wear them and just stand still and stare at the little kids until he freaked the crud out of them. He is a bit odd, and that is one of the things I adore about him. Anyways, the Halloween stuff is out. So, if you come by my house and notice a bunch of dust and spiderwebs....it is part of the decor...ok......not that I am not cleaning!













8 comments:

Lori said...

You are the best mom. I don't have Halloween decorations up, but I did buy Halloween candy today which I'm sure will last in my house for six weeks. :)

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robbie said...

Do you think it's at all possible to stop inviting me to dinner on Facebook and go back to the old way of doing things...a phone call??? I know it's archaic and old fashioned but I'm really an old fashioned kind of guy. I can't believe I missed dinner!

Jody C. said...

wished we could come by trick or treating at your house. looks fun!

Jo said...

We love Halloween around here too. Robert was born on 10/28 so his parties are all about Halloween. Although, we haven't brought any of our stuff out yet. I usually wait until the 1st of Oct. You've got some cool stuff! Where'd you get that?

Fairchild Family said...

Looks like the Halloween party should be at your house this year :) You are the best Mom, thats why God gave you five boys correction five beautiful boys!

Heather said...

Hey you make me soooo nervous up on the ledge without a harness or at least a huge pile of pillows stacked below to catch you if you fall. However, I do want to see what fun thing you put on the ledge for Christmas. That really is a neat spot for holiday decorating.

Kaye said...

Hey Jo....since George's birthday is Nov 1, every year we hit the Halloween store for the 1/2 off sale. Usually he gets to miss school because we get there super early and end up staying til about noon....we are crazy, but this year it falls on a Saturday. you should come. So, I have built my collection over the years. It's still pricy...but 1/2 off, so I feel like it is a deal. Plus, it is the easiest birthday present for George...I just tell him to go pick out whatever he wants, and it's his......so great!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!