Thursday, September 4, 2008

Scoring Big

So, I don't really want to dwell on my low score from yesterday....so I won't, because I totally scored today. I honestly did not write yesterday's post so everyone would feel bad for me, because I really am ok. I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts AND kind gestures! I am so thankful for my friends and really appreciate you guys. It is so nice to know that I have such a great support system. I studied and studied AND studied as much as I could today. During my morning study session I had my phones turned off......Pam dropped off a sweet card, Diet Pepsi and a bag of Red Vines at my front door.....she knows me well.....Pam, how did you know that I am completely out of Diet Pepsi and licorice.....which are staples in my house! If my camera was working I would have taken a picture, because it was such a beautiful sight. I usually don't eat licorice for lunch, but today it was necessary. I picked the boys up from school, got them settled in and started my studying again. My doorbell rang, and there stood Lori with a gift for me. I couldn't believe it! How great are my friends?!? She gave me a very cute card and a bag of Tutti Fruiti Jelly Bellies! How fantastic is that? Especially after the trauma of Albertsons discontuing them. Just so you know, Lori found them at the Ralphs in Wood Ranch. Anyways, I was feeling really tired this afternoon, and a handful (or two or three) of those jelly bellies were like the best uppers ever. I felt renewed and ready to take on the gym, my kids, and this studying! I was joking with Lori how I should put a pity box on my front door and everyone can just drop off dinners and treats. I just want to clarify that I was totally joking. At first, I was very hesitant to tell the world about my recent defeat, but I wear my emotions on my sleeve, so I figured why hide it! It really was a nice day to feel everyone's support and vote of confidence....so thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad you have friends that are taking care of you. I want to bring something to your door. BTW I love that you share your crazy days too, it makes me see that you are human. Now stop reading this and go back to studying.

Jo said...

Okay. As usual. I'm a day late and a dollar short. I'm so sorry to hear about the last couple of days. I'm so glad to hear Lori and Pam were on top of things and helped bouy you up (and every one else but me). No worries though. You're quite the woman and can handle whatever. I'm glad to hear your mom is okay! Sorry I suck and wasn't there for you!!!!

Pam said...

Thats what friends are for and I was only doing what you would have done. You are the best example to me, with your little notes and stuff. Your the best and have fun studying!!!:)

Kim said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a rough few days and I've been totally out of the loop. I know you'll do great on your test. Good Luck!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!