Friday, May 2, 2008

I Made A New Friend!

What do you do when your 14 month old ingests wall spackle? Well, if you have been keeping up with my posts, you know that I patch walls A LOT! While I was cleaning downstairs KC found the wall spackle, opened it, spread it all over upstairs, and I am pretty sure he tried a taste, because he spit it out all over the chair in my room. I called Scott, but he must be screening again, because he didn't answer. I then called my sister, Lana, because she has one child that is a lot like mine. I thought she was crazy when she got really excited and told me to call poison control. She said, "I LOVE poison control, I call them all of the time....it's fun. Make sure you call me back and let me know how it goes." I am such a good Mom, as soon as I found him, I gave him milk, and put him down for another nap.......and of course I turned up the monitor really loud...just to make sure he was still breathing. Anyways, I called poison control, and I feel like I made a new friend. Her name is Kathy from the San Francisco office, and she was soooo nice. I know I don't get out much, but after our conversation, I am looking forward to our next questionable ingestion! By the way, depending on the type, most wall spackle is a calcium deposit, so if you are looking at the cup half full, it was probably good for him.

The time has come where I have to admit I dislike all of my children equally. I can tell when people have favorites....it is no secret that in my family my brother is my mom's favorite and I am for sure my dad's favorite....sorry Lana. Anyways, I really do love all of my kids....I feel super lucky to have 5 healthy boys....I am very blessed....ok with that being said, I really do dislike them equally.....I love them, but they are typical boys and each have their unique way of driving me totally insane. They always accuse me of liking one more than the other, but my answer is always this...."Nope, I dislike you all the same." I really am a horrible Mother....oh well. KC is super sweet, but he is no longer a baby, and he is wearing me out lately.....as you know, he is into putting things into the toilet, and we are going to have to start standing while we eat, because I am going to have to take all of the chairs out because of this.....
He thinks he is so funny!!! Here is a picture I think is funny.....

He walked around like that....I just wanted to bite his butt! Is that weird?!?

4 comments:

Pam said...

Love the pictures! My kids also fight over who is loved most by me and I only have two. I cannot imagine how it would be with 5. Whenever Zack "snuggles' with me he looks over at Matthew and mouths the words "Mom loves me best!". I actually just found out that he has been doing this for a long time and Matthew believes him! Whatever! I agree with you I love them both the same and they both bug me just the same. I don't like playing favorites but I too was, and is, my Dad's favorite. No doubt!

Kim said...

I have to say that in my only experience with poison control, they were very nice to me as well. And those little premeasured tablets of dishwashing detergent are not good for kids :) hmmm..I don't think they fight over who is loved best by me--I think they dislike me equally!

Jo said...

I have a sister who has 4 boys and also loves poison control. Me, myself I haven't had the pleasure of that experience...yet.

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

I love his curly little mullet. So stinking cute!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!