Friday, May 23, 2008

Stupid Toothfairy!!!

Things have been crazy busy, so busy that I actually forgot to take James to guitar practice Monday. It is scary when you feel your mind slipping. Anyways, the major excitement was when George lost his first tooth. He is 6 1/2 and has been waiting forever for this to happen. Well, I don't know about your toothfairy, but our toothfairy is the biggest dingbat! Our toothfairy has a very bad reputation. She forgets all the time to leave something. She has been known to leave money and forget to take the tooth....come back the next night and leave more money. The tales are endless. Anyways, George was so excited to put his tooth under the pillow.....needless to say he was super disappointed when his tooth was still there with NO money. The toothfairy definitely got scolded and the poor child had to wait an extra night for any $. It was funny, because the toothfairy actually ran into Robbie in the middle of the night. He said he set his alarm incase the 'fairy' forgot again. Poor Robbie feeling bad for my neglected children.










So, I am a bit annoyed with my husband for more than a few reasons, but I won't go airing our dirty laundry here.....ok well a little bit....reason #1 He got ANOTHER speeding ticket. It is not that hard to drive the speed limit.....not even that, you can drive 10mph over and not get a ticket. It hit a nerve, because he now has 3 tickets he is in the process of taking care of. It is bad enough paying the ticket, but now our insurance will be through the roof. #2 It takes forever for him to complete projects. He is fantastic at starting them, but finishing is a whole different story. Anyways, he started the process of relocating the dog for us......and has yet to do it. Here is a picture of what the dog did to KC today......poor KC. Hopefully this is the push he needs to finish this project!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Ouch! Poor KC. We must have the same toothfairy because Branden is waiting for the toothfairy to come for a tooth he lost 3 months ago.

Kim said...

Oh, poor KC! Sorry about the ticket. believe me, I feel your pain. Just paid mine the other day--almost $300 :( I think the toothfairy needs to be fired. We had a problem with ours just this week.

Jennifer Knight said...

Oh, poor baby! He is so cute with his buzz cut. I hate the tooth fairy too. I read a magazine article about moms & tooth fairies - good stuff - it's linked from my blog. I think my kids don't even bother anymore. My youngest turned 5 today so we have round 3 coming up. Maybe we'll just forget to mention anything about a tooth fairy existing.

http://jeniscrazy.blogspot.com/2008/05/lazy-parenting.html

Heather said...

Yes we have the same tooth fairy. I always tell my kids if they lose the tooth after a certain time than it may take an extra day. I have come up with some dooosy of excuses. I now know why Thayne and Scott got along so well. So yes I feel your pain once more.

KMJ said...

My 61/2 year old just lost his 3rd tooth. The first two were two years ago so this was exciting. The problem was that he didn't know he lost it until he was talking to me and I saw it missing. It was right after a baseball game. He looked around but really it could have been anywhere! He probably swallowed it. This boys is always playing sports so I can see how he many not notice -- I guess, I always noticed and so has my oldest boy, 8years. Anyway, he wrote a lengthy letter to the tooth fairy explaining what happened because he was very concerned about not getting any $. The tooth fairy didn't come the first night! I told him sometimes when you don't actually have the tooth it takes an extra day. The tooth fairy came the next night and Daniel really woke up in the right side of the bed. I've never seen a cuter smile!

KMJ said...

Why don't I proofread before I post! It shold say six and a half but looks maybe like 61! Also, the first two were lost one year ago. He didn't lose teeth when he was 4!

KMJ said...

And I see other mistakes in my hasty typing....

Pam said...

Our tooth fairy stinks! She does leave a little bit of money eventually but she never takes the tooth. Zack has been collecting his teeth in a box....what for? I do not know. And poor KC! Get rid of the dog...I know some neighbors of yours that love walking him, maybe they want him..or is that too close to home? Good luck!

Jo said...

Poor KC! What kind of dog is it??? Just kidding! I think Mike would kill me.

Tom Cuillard said...

Sorry Kaye. It's my fault. Fast on the road and slow at home!! Runs in the family.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!