Thursday, August 21, 2008

Can Not Get Enough!

I am going to be in total depression Tuesday evening.....why??? Because it will be the official last beach day of the summer. It makes me sad to think about. The beach has been especially perfect the last few times I have gone. We couldn't help but go twice this week, and if I could I would go tomorrow, but I can't....Anyways, Tuesday was my niece's birthday party. Her birthday isn't until September 17th, but she wanted a beach party, so I called it her pretend birthday celebration. But, it was a good idea, and so fun. There were twenty 13 year old girls there....CRAZY.....but they were all very sweet girls. James and Curtis went to a USC football practice that day, so they missed out on the girl-fest. Since I am the laziest Mom in the world, I thought with twenty girls, at least a couple of them would watch KC for me. Despite that, I did manage to lose KC one time. He is such a fast little midget! He was fascinated with the lifeguard truck, so, he walked almost a whole lifeguard station down to go check it out. It is such a yucky feeling when you lose a child..even for a couple of minutes. Luckily no harm was done, but a couple of judgemental mothers were trying to help him find me. When I thanked them, they gave me that look....whatever!!! It was a fun party, and the 3 boys I had with me had a good time playing with their cousins.
The waves were super calm, but I still made my sister hold my hand. Mostly because she hates doing that, but I think it is fun! We were out in the waves and a seal swam right by us.......scared the crud out of me! Don't sharks hang out with seals? Great water, weather, light breeze...perfect! So perfect, I had to go back today. Perfect again! The kids got along pretty good. Tiffany met me there, and we had a lot of fun. Tiffany has very cute girls, so George and Charlie had a really good time. They play really good with girls....especially cute ones! Two perfect beach days in one week. I feel really spoiled. There was a moment today when one of the kids wanted to go home....my response was, "there is for sure a sad child somewhere in Iowa wishing they were at the beach today...be grateful for the beach!" I don't think he understood what I was saying, but it made sense to me. I will never take the beach for granted.....I LOVE it! It was one of those days where it just kept getting nicer and nicer. I wish we could have stayed for dinner...oh well, we had football, the gym, and junior high orientation.....can't believe my little Jamers is going to junior high. That means I am getting older....and that for sure means Scott it getting older.....I say that, because his birthday is tomorrow. I will do a separate post for him, because I know he would be sad if I didn't devote a whole post to him! He is sad because I haven't celebrated birthday "WEEK"...that's right I said week. I'll talk about that later!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Sorry I wasn't with you on tuesday--I keep such good track of all of your boys at the beach. You should be happy Scott only has birthday week--I have birthMONTH!

Heather said...

ok so scary you lost your kid, but how crusty the other moms gave you a crusty look. Glad you found him. Next time your son wants to leave the beach early, you tell them there is a sad mom in Arizona who would trade him places anytime.

Shand and Bry said...

Kaye I have to admit I stalk your blog on occasion... I hope you don't mind. I must say that I love it. Your life is so exciting! Your cute family is awesome! By the way,in case you forgot who I am, I'm that one chick that you see around sometimes that is in your ward and teaches Curtis' primary class. :) haha

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!