Thursday, August 7, 2008

What Goes In...Must Come Out!

I don't mean to gross everybody out, but this is my blog, and if I have to live it, I will share with everyone. We got to go to the beach again this Tuesday, and it really was a perfect beach day. KC, as usual, ate half of the sand on the beach. He really loves eating the sand. He dips every bit of food in the sand before he eats it. Well, sand doesn't really digest, so it comes out. KC is a healthy boy, and I do quite a few diaper changes daily. So, ALL day yesterday, I was changing sandy/poopy diapers.....it is really nasty. Just be glad I did not take any pictures. Despite the aftermath of sandy poop, the beach was so nice. It was warm enough that I had to go in the water. I enjoy swimming in the ocean, but it does scare me a bit. I feel much more comfortable when I have someone swimming with me. Usually that is my sister, but she was a couple of lifeguard stations down from me. The girls from my ward went out in the water, but this is as far out as they went.... When I took this picture Pam told me I could not post it....sorry Pam, but you and Lori look cute!

Anyways, as I was sitting on the beach, my sister came up to me from out of the ocean. She came to see if I wanted to go swim with her. Yeah, so we went on out. I told her it was like a beach miracle. My sister can't stand me, but she gets desperate when noone else will swim with her. I make her hold my hand when the big waves come, but the water was pretty calm, and the waves weren't too strong....so she didn't have to hold my hand this time. The water was super refreshing, and it was really fun.

Saturday night we went to a Dodger game. It was a last minute thing, and we ended up going with Robbie and his friend, Tracie, and the two oldest boys. I don't really love watching baseball unless my boys are playing, but I do enjoy the food, so it works out. It was a really nice night. I am usually ready to go by the 3rd inning, because that is how long it takes to eat my food.....but this time the whole evening was enjoyable.....
This week has been interesting....things have been breaking left and right....garage door, bbq, car batteries. We were having family over on Sunday for a BBQ, and our BBQ broke down..luckily Scott put a new one together, the next day I woke up early to go train, and my car was completely dead...luckily, Scott went into work later and got a new battery for me. Here is the most frusterating one....we needed James and Curtis's birth certificates for football. I am able to find everybody elses birth certificates, except for Curtis. It wouldn't be that big of deal to go to the county and get a new one, but Curtis is our only child that was born in Anaheim. In order to get a birth certificate in time, we had to go to Santa Ana. Scott was nice enough to take the drive for me and get a new one. I spent the entire day before tearing up my house trying to find it, but I had no luck. Oh well, these things happen, and we are back on track!

James and I have had a really fun summer together. He has been watching the kids when I need to do things, he's fun to hang out with at night, and he has been extremely helpful. BUT, he is 11, and will act like a stinker sometimes. The other day he was being a challenge....I warned him and warned him, but he did not listen, and here are his before and afters.....

I kept telling him if he didn't shape up we were going to shave his head.......he learned his lesson!



This next picture makes me laugh.......

Notice my sister posing in the background....she is such a dork!

I am so sad that there are only 3 weeks of summer left! I don't think I am ready for it ) :

3 comments:

Pam said...

Nice pictures! Ha Ha I actually enjoy seeing KC fill up with sand at the beach but I am glad I don't have to see it come out...then I might not enjoy it so much. It was the perfect day at the beach and yes, I am in mourning that school is starting soon. It is a real bummer!!

Heather said...

If I were you I would not get a sandbox for your backyard. Enjoy the rest of your summer it goes by fast. Tell your sister she has great hair.

julianna said...

i laughed out loud at the james hair consequence. that is awesome. i really thought i was going to scroll down and see a kc sand diaper. i was so disappointed...sort of...when you said there were no photos. :0)

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!