Friday, August 8, 2008

Who Has Been Kissing Curtis???

The reason I ask, is because Curtis has Mononucleosis....aka the kissing disease. I have never seen glands as swollen as his. The lumps are so big you can see them sticking out of his neck.....we call him Curtasaurus.....like a dinosaur....get it?












Yep, I know I am lame, but I think I am going crazy. I clean my house constantly, and it is a complete bomb! Oh well, I think I might be getting use to it. Curtis doesn't feel great, but he can't stand sitting still, so I am hoping he will snap out of this one quickly. James also had mono a couple of years ago.....which seems weird, because how often do you hear of 9 year olds getting mono? Besides Curtis feeling yucky, today was a very pleasant day. KC has been waking up super early lately, but today he slept until 8:30. It was soooo nice! After attempting to clean my house AGAIN, we all got dressed and took the kids over to Scott's office for "Bring Your Kid To Work Day" Whoever planned this one needs a day of honor! I love my kids, and I LOVE spending every day with them, but I forgot what it was like to be on my own. Three straight hours! I wish I was off getting a massage, but I spent the time shopping for new school clothes for them. Since they are boys, that meant t-shirts. I bought lots and lots of t-shirts. I don't love shopping, especially when it is not for me, but it was nice getting it done without dealing with the chaos that comes with taking my children out in public! It was so funny to me that Scott was in a complete sweat when I came to pick up the kids.....poor Scott, but he did a good job. The kids had so much fun, but what kid wouldn't when their dad works for a video game company? Of course they played video games....
Participated in scavenger hunts and crafts....
Got to eat lunch with Dad.....

They also got ice cream, candy, and a bunch of freebies, including a few video games.

While I was shopping I got hungry....of course! I did something I never do....I actually walked into a place and got take out. Normally, I go through drive thrus, because of the kids, so it was nice to just stand around and wait for my order. It is these type of experiences that I actually enjoy. After I taught my class, I got to go hang out at the boys football practice. It is really fun for me, because both of the boys are on teams with families that are so fun to hang out with! It is a good time sitting out in fantastic weather and being with good people. The kids are usually entertained with all of the other kids, and KC has a tendency to run on the practice field and steal food from other people, but it is a good time. A lot of us are Mormon, so we have been called the "Mormon Mafia". We are all looking forward to a fun football season.

It is a little past 9:30, and I still have things to do, but I just needed to mention that I can hear Scott vacuuming right now! How nice is that? When Scott reads my blog he realizes that I really do like him. I guess I need to tell him more rather than write it down. Oh well, in case I forget....thanks Scott!!!

4 comments:

Jody C. said...

Maybe Scott can teach Craig how to vacuum too. Craig's theory is that's why we had kids.

Tell Curtis to feel better and we are thinking of him!

Craig said...

Why do you think I travel so much??? Room service for free baby!!!! I can leave and come back to a clean room with fresh towels and a nice clean fresh smell, and not have to lift a finger. Crap, even the bed is made. I have not seen a made bed since I washed the sheets a couple of weeks ago.... And btw, we had kids so that I could get me some of what you got cookin, the kids were just a side benefit.

Heather said...

Ok I think I want to go to work with Scott too. How fun is that.
Tell Curtis we hope he feels better soon, that sickness is never fun.
Scott rocks for vacuuming so late, that is something Thayne does too.

Heather said...

You have been tagged. Go to my blog to see what to do.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!