Monday, August 25, 2008

Halloween In August

That is right! It still may be two months away, but we are ready to kick off Halloween. It seems like most people really love Christmas.....I do love Christmas, but my absolute favorite is Halloween. We really have fun with this holiday.....yes it is a holiday! My Uncle Steve, who lives in Huntington Beach, grows pumpkins, and invites us down every year to get a bunch of them. Some of these pumpkins are huge....over a hundred pounds. Every kid gets to pick his own, and then some. We are so lucky! The kids have a blast and Uncle Steve aka Uncle Scary is so much fun with them. George and Uncle Scary both have a passion for Halloween, and Uncle Scary got George started on his mask collection. Before we head to the pumpkins, we swim and hang out. Here is James getting attacked by Uncle Scary...or the "crocodile"Here he is checking out the damage to his toe...the crocodile bites toes....especially the big ones! George and Uncle Scary....two of a kind...

Here are some pics of us picking our pumpkins






















How many guys does it take to carry a pumpkin?.....

LOTS!!!

It was a fun time, and the kids are already asking when we get to do it again!

I had to throw in this one picture of KC......I went to change and get ready for the gym....this is how I found him, and this is how we left the house..


He is a MONSTER!!!

6 comments:

Jeff and Stephanie said...

SO fun seeing you guys! I'm so impressed you already have your blog updates - I'm beginning to think you are obsessed! :) I'm so glad you guys made the trip down! Hopefully we will can get together again soon!

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

I Love the pumpkins!! Ryan and I and family are heading to Cali in October for a little Disneyland and a Draeger family fix. We HAVE to get together. Maybe Steve will still have some pumpkins.

Rosey Posey said...

That is so cool to have a pumpkin hook up! Halloween is the favorite holiday at our house. We went to the Halloween store this past Saturday just to get excited. So I now what you mean about Christmas is great... but Halloween is so much fun. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Info said...

I love that last picture!! If that is a monster how could you not have 5...oh wait you do ;)

Heather said...

oh my heavens those pumpkins are huge. I am very impressed with uncle scary. Tell him I want the secret.

Kim said...

Oooh I'm so jealous! I love those big pumpkins and want one for my front porch every fall...I wonder what happen if you tred to carve one?

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!