Monday, August 18, 2008

It Could Be Worse!

Either I am getting calmer or just lazier. I am noticing that things happen and I am starting to thing it is normal....well normal for us. Yesterday I had to teach in Relief Society, so I had to be there on time. Since church is at 9:00, I don't do grand Sunday breakfasts that I have always wanted to do. As I was trying to get everything ready to go, this is what I came downstairs to

Cocoa Pebbles EVERYWHERE


I looked at it....grabbed my camera....took pics...and left. I just figured I would deal with it when I got home. Luckily it was not covered in milk. I've had way stickier messes before. Back in the day my blood pressure would have gone up and I would have yelled at someone....not yesterday. I've realized it happens, and I need to start accepting it. Today was not much different. Mondays are a little busy for me. I usually train in the morning, and then go off to the gym to teach. That means James is given the responsibility of making sure everyone is still alive when I get back. When I was on my way home I called to see what I had to return to. James was in a panic. It turns out innocent, little KC grabbed the lysol disinfectant spray, opened it, and spilt it on the living room carpet. He was trying to clean it up....he was stressed, worried it was discoloring the carpet. It kept foaming, and we scrubbed it for a good 30 minutes.....
Not a big deal....at least KC didn't drink it.....it could always be worse! I think that is my new thought for now. I will taken spilt cocoa pebble, and lysol in the carpet anyday. My kids are healthy.....the lysol made the house smell clean, so it's all good. I have to throw in this picture of George....I know I am his mom, but he is so handsome.
I love these striped shirts. The day I met Scott he was wearing one similar to this. I thought he was really cute.....the feeling was not mutual, but that is for another post.

6 comments:

Juli said...

Where's George's red & black outfit?? I must say he is a cutie pie!!

Heather said...

I love that you have the cereal problem too. That makes me feel so much better.

James is such a good boy for even trying to clean it up. Way to go.

George= heartbreaker!

Kim said...

I'm so glad that there are people like you raising boys :) What great kids! As for the mess- I have a special term for my house on Mondays since Sundays usually bring out the best of my housekeeping skills.

Pam said...

I love that phrase "It could be worse!" Because it always applies. That is a great way to think. And George is quite the "babe".

Liz Rose said...

Please, oh Please post about why the feeling was not mutual when you met Scott!!! :)

Info said...

LOL I am glad to see that someone else is a bitter enmy to cold cereal! My kids think it is great fun to spill it out all over the floor.

Thank you for a few minutes of serenity ...(don't you love when your insanity is someone eles joy) :)

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!