Friday, April 25, 2008

What Is Going On?

Okay, so this is one of those weeks that I just keep asking myself, "What in the heck am I doing wrong?" Things are being said and done around here that have me completely confused, amused, and totally questioning how we got to where we are. This week has been a busy week, as usual, but this is what has been going on. Scott and I got to go to a playoff Laker game......Robbie will never forgive Scott for giving me the second ticket. It was fun, really fun watching all of the wasted people act like Scott and Robbie do when they are sober coaching the team. I really think Scott thought they could hear all of his comments from where we were sitting. Surprisingly, that is not what seemed a little off this week. First of all, my oldest son, James, is the smartest dumbest person in his class. Let me explain.....he brings me his math test papers, and this is what he says, "Hey Mom, I did really bad on my math test, BUT out of all the people that did bad, I did the best. Only 3 people passed, so that means I was the 4th best in the class. I got a 58%." All I could say was, "So, you are the smartest of the dumbest in your class, congratulations on your F+!" Is he serious? The scary part is he really was. We love James, but we aren't setting the academic standards too high.....please, please,please succeed in some high school sport!

There he is.....the smartest of the dumbest!

Now, with this next one, I hope I don't offend anyone. Let me just say I am not a prejudice person. I don't judge people....well, ok I do, but I don't judge them based on race, etc. Here is how this one went down.....George brought home a birthday invitation for a girl at his school. I told him I had never heard of her before, and who is she, so on and so on. George explains it like this...."Mom, she is kind of black, but not really." I say, "Oh, is she Indian or something?" George then says, "Yeah, but I am still nice to her." I say, "Well, that is really nice of you." Oh my gosh......are you kidding.....he is still nice to her. Well, there you go....I should definitely make Mother of the Year....well, at least Mother of this week. Here he is.....my son that is still nice to people regardless of their skin color....

Also, our dog has been puking. It is so gross, I don't really want to talk about it. I have been trying to get rid of this dog almost since we got it. For all of you animal lovers, you should probably stop reading, because you will for sure not like me. The dog drives me nuts....I don't like barking, poop, and I especially don't like it when he eats the neighbor kids. At least he is sweet with KC. And by the way, Pam, (I know you will read this) I still do not forgive you for putting the dog back into our yard when you found him wandering the streets!

Is it a coincidence that this is Robbie's first full week with us....maybe I can blame it all on him. Oh, and just to keep you posted on our new living arrangement....Robbie LOVES it! His favorite is what we like (ok....what I like) to call "K Days".....that is when we spend ALL day together. Seriously, Robbie will deny that he enjoys any part of those, but he would be lying!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am laughing so hard at you right now. This is why we get along so well.

Pam said...

Your welcome! ha ha I was just being neighborly.

Jennifer Knight said...

I am going to break my stalkage and leave you a comment - you ROCK! I have checked out your blog through Robbie's. I totally envy your one legged squat maneuver. I too love Bon Jovi, am married to a Scott, and have all boys - but only 3. I don't know how you handle 5 (or is it 7?!?). You must be waaay more laid back than me.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!