Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Getting Real

One thing that annoys me the most is when people act like their lives, or their children are perfect. I also don't think it is in good taste to share how rotten everything is either. Let me start by saying that I love and adore my kids, but they are real children and do naughty things...often. I was thinking about this as I had a friend telling me how wonderful and perfect her son is. I don't know what my problem is, but I feel I have to balance things out and tell her how rotten Charlie was the other day. We call Charlie our angry, little black child, because his skin has a beautiful darker tone to it, and he has anger management issues. Honestly, I try to avoid eye contact with his school teacher when I pick him up, because I am afraid she will tell me about his bad behavior. I prefer ignorance on most days. The other day we were leaving the gym, he was walking out with his shoes on the wrong feet and was in pain as he walked. I told him to change his shoes, he refused, and I was too tired to fight that battle, so I let him walk to the car like that. When we got home, he took off his shoes, and we discovered he had stashed a couple of toys from the gym in his shoes. That is when I realized he was a total thief! Yesterday at preschool he took another kid's money and put it in his pocket. When I asked him why he took it, he said he wanted to buy something at the snackbar at baseball. Well, at least he knows what he wants, hopefully we can instill a bit more honesty in him.

Now, I understand that when us parents are bragging about our children, it is just because we are proud. I am very proud of my boys, they are good kids, but they find ways to test my love for them quite a bit!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I completely agree with you. Maybe that is why I like you so much, neither one of us has perfect kids, darn it. Everyone else can live in their perfect denial world. We know their kids are rotten too.
But honestly Kaye how can you get mad at those big brown eyes, he is a handsome little guy.

Robbie said...

Prophecy: This child is going to produce more pain and anguish for you and Scott than all the others combined. What about his total disregard to admit when he's let one loose? We really need to address this issue.

Anonymous said...

Kaye--I don't know if you remember me from SS2 about 10 years ago . . .I was in Primary. A friend showed me some Simi blogs, and I had just been talking about you (crazy), becasue we lost a sister unexpectedly, and I have never forgotten the version of "I Am A Child of God" that you sang for the Jukes. I have been hoping to find Donna to get that verse.
It's great to see you with your family!

Love Kathy Grove

Robbie said...

Kaye it's always nice to know that if I'm ever in a fight in a dark alley...you've got my back! Thanks for sticking up for me. P.S. I might have a staulker.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!