Sunday, July 6, 2008

Game Night

Scott and I love playing games....some of our best dates were hanging out and playing card and board games. The kids love it too, so we decided to get some of our favorites and give it a go. Now, by the looks of these pictures, it appears that we had a nice, relaxing evening of games....
This is how it went down.....It is impossible to play a game with KC around, so we had to wait until he went to bed. He went to bed kind of early, so we started. Let me state that I enjoyed every bit of it, but I do put up with a lot! George totally won, but if there was any chance of him starting to lose, he would freak out....Scott thought every turn was his and was trying to tell everyone what they should do. He mellowed out after the first few rounds (I think he was just excited!) James had to be told EVERY single time when it was his turn. Charlie just jumped around dropping chip crumbs on the floor and jumping on my back, and then Scott's back. Scott and George won, so they decided to celebrate by screaming, which resulted in KC waking up! Not super relaxing, but still fun. When we switched games over to Taboo we had to separate into teams. That is not easy, because there is always someone unhappy about it. Anyways, James thought he was funny when he called out..."boys vs. girls" Boys are mean, but James learned his lesson when he ended up on my team, and we won! Now, I know a lot of families have game night, but I imagine it very different than ours!

6 comments:

Craig said...

Probably not a whole lot different, usually in our house someone gets pissed off and starts pouting. Someone usually starts to poke and tease the pouter and that turns into a fight. Then Jody or I have to step in and that gets blood boiling. Then someone gets mad and either throws the cards or the chips, in Texas Hold'em. Yes we play that with our kids. Cody is very good at this, and even Preston has come out the winner in that. All in all its fun spending time with everyone, would be nice if they just loved each other like that more often and didn't feel like they had to tease or aggrivate each other so darn much.....

Heather said...

I have to beg Thayne to play games, and he always cheats just to get it over with.
Sounds like you have a fun family for game night, lucky you. Ü

Anonymous said...

So just to clear the air, I did not win, I destroyed the competition!!! And if others would have listened to me they would have come in a nearer 2nd, 3rd or last place!

Pam said...

I love games too! But we have had some pretty good fights lately over Monopoly, it is pathetic. Oh well it still has its fum moments.

Pam said...

I really should read over my comments before I post them. I did not mean "fum"...I meant "fun".

Juli said...

Tell James it's on! Bring the games to the lake, you me & Shaylee we can take them all!!!!!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!