Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Week, Happy 4th!

I find that the best times are the most simple times. This week has been nothing out of the ordinary.....just good times. Monday afternoon Scott surprised us by coming home early from work, so we did something we usually never do....we took the whole family to the movies. Grammy Donna was brave enough to come along with us. I spent more than half of the movie out in the halls with KC, but I was prepared for that. We then thought we would torture the city of Simi Valley by taking the whole family out to dinner. The kids were so beyond hungry, we looked like wild beasts. Drinks were spilling, food was being thrown, voices were loud, and people were staring! Oh well, I think I am getting use to the judgemental stares.....sometimes it is annoying, but for the most part entertaining to see people's reactions.

We had a great day at the beach earlier this week. Here is a picture of my niece, Hanna, with KC

Ruby and Charlie are constantly together. Charlie loves her.....we just need to keep them from kissing each other all of the time!


It is so nice to have family and friends close by to do fun things with. Two of my girlfriends from high school met us there, and it was so fun to just hang out! I am glad my kids get to see some of their cousins regularly. They have cousins out of state and far away, but love to see them! Craig and Jody were going to come out this week, but unfortunately couldn't make it. My kids were so bummed.....they get along and have so much fun together...hopefully they will make it out soon!

We have had a couple of really lazy days.....not much accomplished, but sometimes that is necessary. A good friend of mine that I haven't seen forever stopped by to say hi...which was nice. It is so great to have people in your life that make you happy. Today is the 4th of July, and we did not have much of anything planned. I got to sub a class that I don't normally teach, but absolutely love! It was hard, but I survived, and felt I accomplished something. I came home, and Scott was getting all of the bikes ready. I am such a diva, riding a bike in the heat today did not seem fun, besides I had already exercised in my air conditioned, controlled environment! KC fell asleep, so I volunteered to stay home with him while the others went for a ride.

Scott took them for quite a ride, they were so happy about it though, because slurpees were part of the deal. Scott is such a good Dad to take on that journey! He is good to have around for many reasons.....here he is fixing my vacuum. He was getting help whether he wanted it or not....

Anyways, back to the 4th of July. The boys went for their bike ride. I am not sure what I did.....I should have been reading, but found myself vegging out infront of the TV. We decided to BBQ hamburgers and hotdogs. I can't tell you the last time I ate a hot dog. I was really craving them, so not only did I have one, I had two.....and they were so yummy! I refuse to count all of the fat grams, so I won't. We decided to head down to the church to go see the fireworks. There was a great turnout, and it seemed like most of the stake was there. It was really fun to visit with everyone. Here are a few of my favorite people....

The fireworks were really great, and it was so fun to be able to sit with my family. I made James hold my hand a little bit.....even snuck in a couple of kisses. I took turns bugging each of the kids during the show. I think Donna got stuck with Charlie for most of it.....he is by far the most cuddly. I think I even got to hold Scott's hand for a little bit. It would have been kind of romantic if we didn't have at least two kids in each of our laps, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It turned out to be a great night......great weather, great friends, fun stuff. These are the things in life that really make me happy! I really feel extremely rich.....not money wise, but rich in friends and family and blessings!


Enjoying the fireworks show....

Now that the three younger ones are in bed, my three older kids, Curtis, James and Scott are finishing the night with some Wii. Hope everyone had a happy 4th!

4 comments:

Pam said...

It was a fun night!! Looks like you had a great week. Oh how I love summer!

Jo said...

Your week is totally what summer is all about!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Heather said...

I love that you enjoy doing things as a family. What a great week.

Kim said...

How fun! And just so you know, George realy loved that bike ride with Scott. I Sub'd his class today and with a lesson on gratitude, he mentioned it several times as something he was thankful for. So cute!!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!