Sunday, July 27, 2008

Uneventful, Beautiful Day

I thought I should update George's wardrobe situation.....he was very understanding when he wore his Sunday clothes to church, but as soon as we got home, it was back to his everyday clothes. I am hoping to sneak a quick wash in. Today has been a nice uneventful day. On the way home from church Charlie stuck a "smartie" candy up his nose. Knowing that it was not life threatening, my first thought was "if I have to go to the ER for a piece of candy up the nose I am going to be ticked" luckily, Scott was able to get it out. We got a good laugh at how freaked out he got, hopefully it scared him enough to never do it again. Since we didn't have to go to the ER, we were able to take a nice afternoon nap......I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sunday naps. They don't happen all too often, so I really appreciate them when I get them. My dad came over for dinner, and I think he was really glad when he left. The kids were excited, which meant super-hyper boys. My dad will never get use to how disgusting the boys are. We grew up very orderly and I guess clean, compared to my kids. They don't stay clean, so I usually leave it for the end of the day. Dad said he hasn't had a dinner since Mom went in the hospital, so I am glad he was able to get some decent food in him. Scott is now putting KC to bed, and I am looking forward to a fun night with Scott and the boys.

5 comments:

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

I love that a smartie up the nose is considered "uneventful" in your house. I also can't wait until I can take Sunday naps. That would be a good day.

Juli said...

Love that Charlie kid. I'm sad you guys didnt show up at the beach yesterday,but i hope your Mom is feeling better.

Pam said...

I love uneventful days!! Sometimes they are the best especially after a very busy week. We enjoyed a Sunday nap alslo. Love it!!

Kim said...

At least you found the smartie was up there right away. My mom has a lovely story about what happens when things stay in a child's nose for an extended period of time.

Kaye said...

Kim....I think I actually want to hear that story...I am pretty gross like that!

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!