Monday, July 28, 2008

Joy.....Almond Joy

Monday is my day to attempt to put my house back together after the weekend.....usually laundry, dusting, etc, etc. Luckily, I got to start the morning with a successful training session with a client, and then teaching my bootcamp class. I LOVE my bootcamp class! I think it helped to prepare me for the day I had ahead of me. If you have stress or aggression, punching and kicking bags is the way to go. This summer has been nice, but today was by far the worst "fighting" day my kids have had yet. Not so much physically, but I listened to George and Charlie whine, cry, tattle, and scream nonstop! My patience was used up by the early afternoon. Thank goodness for my See's candy stash! My mom came home from the hospital today, so while Curtis and James started their first day at football, the rest of us headed over to help my mom and dad out for a bit. Let me just say that my mom is so funny on drugs. She gave me some good laughs. After my day I was tempted to steal one of her oxycodone pills......for those of you thinking I did, I didn't! I got home a little after 8 to my unfolded laundry, hungry and unshowered kids. I am trying to not take everyday for granted, but my positive attitude was getting a bit sour. Scott is helping coach football, so he was with the 2 older boys. Practice was over at 7:30, and they weren't home yet. I called Scott, but got his voicemail.....after leaving not the nicest message in the world, he walked in the door and handed me a Diet Pepsi and an Almond Joy. I gave him a kiss, and told him to just delete my prior message. I cooked up some grilled cheese sandwiches, and everyone said thank you, and acted like I had just prepared filet mignon. Scott bathed the kids so I could clean the kitchen and fold up the remaining laundry....not such a bad day after all. The kids are in bed, Scott and I get to hang out a little bit before I pass out. Tomorrow I get to look forward to teaching 2 of my favorite classes, and a day at the beach. Zuma 13 for anyone that dares to hang out with us for the day! It's amazing how a thoughtful husband can make your day take a complete 180.....simple joys!

7 comments:

Jo said...

Such a good husband you have! Definate brownie points earned there!

Jo said...

PS See you at Zuma 13 tomorrow. We're not afraid.....

Heather said...

Almond joy, gross! But I am so glad it makes you feel better. I am so glad you post your days like yesterday because it makes the rest of us feel like we are in good company. Tell Scott he and Thayne are to much alike, but in a good way.

and, I would give anything to meet you at Zuma 13.

Make your day great.

Heather said...

oops sorry, I know I type to much. I just wanted to add that I am glad your mom is home. Good to hear.

Juli said...

SHOOT! I forgot today was zuma day! We havent done much all day, what a waste. Glad your mom's home and "happy" and i'll see ya in your spin class!

Jody C. said...

wished i could meet you for zuma 13 day! we...well Ashlee and I miss the beach! Way to go Scott for making you have a better day! the cuillard boys seem to surprise me all the time...mainly my husband

Pam said...

I can handle anything with a bit of chocolate and a Diet Coke! Your husband knows you so well! So glad your Mom is home and doing well-

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!