Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good News.....Bad News

I am so happy to say that my mom's surgery went perfectly. She did not come out of surgery until about 10:30 last night. We were at the hospital for over 12 hours, as her surgery did not start on time. She is now recovering in the ICU, and then will get to move into a private room. She should be as good as new, and is hoping to not have to be on any type of medications anymore. So, hopefully her recovery will go as well as her surgery. My dad, sister, brother, sister in law, James and I spent the day at the hospital, luckily Scott volunteered to work from home so I did not have to worry about the kids. It was actually a pretty relaxing day. We just hung out and basically ate ALL day long.....we are all very disgusting. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Even though it was a risky procedure, we all had a very comforting feeling.

This week has been full of emotional ups and downs. I am so grateful that my mom is well, and yet so sad at the loss of one of my friends. My heart breaks for her husband and young children. I am grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and wonder how people get through this life without it.

I have always tried to appreciate everyday, and not take things for granted. I now appreciate it that much more.

6 comments:

Pam said...

So glad to hear that your Mom's surgery went well. Sorry about your friend, I wish I had knew her better she seemed to touch many peoples lives for the good. It truly does remind you not to take any day for granted and also to make sure you let those around you know how much you love them.

Heather said...

I was thinking about you and your mom yesterday. I am so glad everything went well. That is the news I wanted to hear.
I am still so sad about Ginger and I hope Jason and the kids are hanging in there. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jody C. said...

I am glad your mom did well with her surgery. What type of surgery did she have. You know me and my interest with the heart. what they can do now a days to help repair the heart. sorry also to hear about your friend. even though i don't know her i am sad for the whole family and friends.

Lori said...

Sorry, didn't know your mom was having surgery--what kind of a friend am I? Glad to know she's doing well, though. I was also sad to hear about the loss of your friend. I only met her once, but my heart breaks for her children and husband.

Kaye said...

Hey Jody, my mom had a MAZE procedure, and had 2 leaflets from her valve repaired, and they put a ring in the valve to help prevent the prolapse. She was having really bad chest pain, and her heart beat was all over the place. She is doing really well in the ICU, and she should be moving to a private room tomorrow. Thanks for the sweet thoughts.

julianna said...

i am so happy that things went well with your mom's surgery. moms shouldn't ever get sick or need surgery. it is too scary. i am sorry about your friend.

About Me

My photo
OK...here it goes. I am a mother of 5 crazy boys....ages 10 months to 11 years. I have been married for twelve and a half years to an even crazier boy!!! I am not sure how he has put up with me for so long, and then I remember that he is as big of a goofball as me! I get to stay at home with the boys, but I work about 6 whole hours a week teaching fitness classes. I think I am funny when I remind Scott that I am independently wealthy (if you knew how much I made, you might think it is funny too)! I do love to work out, and without it I would be about 500 pounds and completely insane. Well, that about sums it up. I am looking forward to keeping a record of the completely abnormal behavior of my perfect family!